Intra-Day Charts and Moving Average Failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intra-Day Charts and Moving Average Failing

I'm still having problems with Intra-Day charts and moving averages.

Example: Look at Tarragon Nasdaq symbol (TARR)

On a day chart, the 200 day moving average displays correctly.

On an intra-day 195 frequency (1/2 day) chart for 200 day (400 periods), I get nothing, i.e. no MA line and get the waving graph on the Study for the MA and "downloading". Same for 1/3 day using frequency 130 and 600 periods.

When I manage to get partial lines on other examples checked, it appears the data is incomplete.

On the old system, any frequency with periods up to 999 would give accurate chart and moving average (note some minor drift for interpolation of intraday is expected for more period samples). Although it appears I can enter periods up to 1000 on the new system, the charts fail to display in many cases or are stuck in a downloading to complete. Since day charts for the MA display, it's unknown why intra-day for same data period won't.

Again, reporting condition DOWN, i.e. system unusable due to wrong data or failure to operate.

Also, reconfirming that all secondary charts fail after any port reconnects. This appears to happen much more frequently now with socket 80. When socket 80 fails, it also requires cycling through port 2812 (blocked) and back to 80, which prolongs the outage. A setting/switch to dedicate to one socket or the other is again recommended.

The limiting factor for this chart appears to be how much historical data is stored on the servers (in this case 120 days)

Historical Data

I know there are plans to increase how much historical intraday data we carry, but I don't have an ETA for it.

Comment

Working...
    X