Angry Henk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angry Henk

So now I have lost my 10 min history of files in the NDX:For 10 years you used 39 bars in a day , then you switched over to 40 bars . then back to 39, without a word how you intend to restore the integrity of my total files.

You destroyed the integrity of my 60 min files after 10 years of 7 bars to the day . recently going to 6 bars to the day forcing me to have to add one bar manually in my hystory.

As I trade using time as the main trigger for my trades( counting bars) I am completely lost.

I wonder why you guys expose yourself to such complete ridicule.
    This software is not even ripe for Beta.
    Why open it up to your loyal customers before making it remotely usable as a trading platform.

I may sound angry and thats because I am .Not so much at you guys who try to help us out here but at your management.(Probably it is just money they are interested in)
    Henk

Re: Angry Henk

Originally posted by henkwesterink

I wonder why you guys expose yourself to such complete ridicule.
    This software is not even ripe for Beta.
    Why open it up to your loyal customers before making it remotely usable as a trading platform.

I may sound angry and thats because I am .Not so much at you guys who try to help us out here but at your management.(Probably it is just money they are interested in)

Totally in support of the above.. we have been used.. we have been inflicted with frustration... we have been disregarded that this product does not work as it's supplied..

And I also am of the view that it's "just about money that they are interested in".. for at no time has management showd it face here.. and when an email is send.. it's like 10 days before anyone gets back.. and then only to lead us down another path.. never answering the question or problem..

The very least that is expected from eSignal is an extension of the 9.95 to the end of 2008... and even that may not be enough..

Mars

Comment

Henk,

well you should be angry, somebody's messing with the foundation of your method, and not saying a word in the process. but that's not to say that your method wasn't flawed to begin with and that the "games" here at LiveCharts have just identified the flaw . . . easy now, just trying to be factual. i find myself in the same boat

in the case of the NDX, the listed source of the data is the CBOE, and the CBOE website lists the trading hours for the NDX as 08:30 -- 15:15 central time. but i have found that an index such as this always stops at 15:00 central, i mean look at a 1min chart, last bar is 14:59 central. so what we've got here is a 390 minute day. and for all the bars (based on time) to have equal weight they should all encompass the same amount of time. six equal bars then being 65 minutes instead of 60 minutes. big difference today on the close of the last 65min bar as compared to the last 60min bar, that's because the 60min bar is missing 30 minutes of data. but even if there were seven 60min bars, the last one would really just be a 30min bar . . . and should not carry equal weight

the point of all of this is just to say that we should make sure that the size of bar we decide to use divides into the day evenly (whole #s). then whatever "game" LiveCharts decides to play ("game" is a polite term here, actually its incompetence) we won't be affected by it

in my case, with the index futures, the day is 405 minutes long, they do trade until 15:15 central. so i've adopted 45min and 135min charts, instead of 30min, 60min and 120min . . . should have been doing this all along

and your comments about management are probably true. it doesn't seem too far-fetched to imagine some schmuck in the back office drooling over the thought of a good percentage of LiveCharts users upgrading to one of their higher end products

good trading

Comment

For $NDX, I notfied our QA department to look into this issue.

We should be rolling out a resolution for missing bars on server releases this week for issues in which some bars were missing (for instance a 20 minute interval was displaying until 12:30 PT, instead of 12:50, where the intervals didn't end evenly at the close of market, in this case for equities), which came about in the process of removing the extra bar at the end of trading hours.

Comment

Regarding $NDX I had checked with our QA dept. about the contract specs whether we were cutting off data at 15:00 CT and they indicated that there wasn't a problem with how we're displaying the $NDX.

The indication was that we are not cutting off data and display what is sent to us, and that we matched CQG.

Also with respect to the contract specs, apparently (at least the link I showed them) was for the index options going to 15:15 and they indicated that the indices themselves do not have contract specs.

Goofyfoot, could you indicate your link for the contract specs for $ndx? The one I had sent was:
          http://www.cboe.com/Products/indexopts/ndx_spec.aspx
          Which was for options.

Comment

Todd,

that's the same page i had checked. the CBOE is an options exchange and that's where the data is reportedly coming from . . .

i should not have mentioned the perceived time discrepancy at all, was only trying to pin down the length of the day. and it was noted that these type of indices always stop at 15:00 central, not as error on the part of eSignal, but just as a matter of practice . . . that's when stock trading stops. sorry for the misunderstanding and my lack of clarity

this matter was really not the issue of the post

i do appreciate the follow-up and the communication

regards,
            goofy

Comment

Angry Henk

Thanks Goof for the explanation. This is indeed about the number of bars in a time series. If you change that from what it was, we are in trouble. It also makes drawing of trendlines and indicators impossible and completely unreliable as somebody already remarked. LC2 should take LC1 as an exemple how it should be and we all are happy.
              Henk

Comment

Working...
              X