Weird Freeze to Blank Windows and Forced Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Freeze to Blank Windows and Forced Restart

I just had a totally weird freeze of the all charts and all windows went totally blank (white screens). CPU was not at 100%, just dead blank windows for main and the four secondary charts. I've never seen this before???

I was able to shutdown the main task and on restart got a new version of livecharts LC19 of 06/10/08 and a new Options Chain window that wasn't there at open. I didn't notice if there was a new release at open this morning, so did we just suddenly get a new role?

The Java Console shows a Set State error on the new code. Also, having problems lauching secondary charts. They pop-up for a second and disappear.

I'm going to do a full system shutdown and restart to see if this all clears.

Edit1: Reboot complete, but now unable to get connected to port 80. Service down?

Edit2: Port 80 finally connected and got 4 secondary charts. However, no data for chart symbols and news not available. Seem to have lost all prior settings with new roll, and I do assume this is a middle-of-the-day new code roll.
    Last edited by dannol48; 06-12-2008, 10:27 AM.

Had similar issue just about one hour ago.. desktop freezing up.. charts going blank.. had to log out through task manager.. and re-login three times before it didn't occur again..

Who knows what is going on.. the version is for the birds right now.. and I don't think they would want either..

Comment

Roll outs are not done during market hours. There is a rollout today (continuation of some fixes for this week related to missing bars), but it's scheduled after market close today.

LiveCharts is currently up and running with no indication of reports/alarms from our Operations group.

Via the Java Console, are there specific servers that are not displaying data that I can try to replicate problems on?

Does disabling/configuring firewalls help with the reception of data for you dannol48?

Comment

Working...
      X