• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACD and Histogram - Scaling Concern

Hi....

I am not now a user of Live Charts. Like several forum
    members. I too, am waiting for improved charting
    format.

I did not find problems whit the previous Live Charts.

Yet, I understand there were data problems, and
    maybe other areas of concern.

I wish to come back as a Live Charts user....

What I need is the following....if I may share my interest.

[1] increase the space/distance from the last price bar
    to the rightside/price scale. Increasing the space,
    makes a better readding of the indicator in my view.

[2] more important is the MACD scale and having the
    very useful Histogram - curiously on the same scale.

The later is a major point for me.

You have taken the MACD while requires a larger scale
    value to that of the MACD Histogram.

In doing so you have effectinvely reduced the visual value
    of the Histogram.

My suggestion, is to 'separate' the 2 tools. Stacking them
    is a good idea, wherein you create an MACD, the histogram
    appears below, with it's own scale.

Therefore. A very valued tool is a great enhancement.

Let me know. Should this be done correctly. I would
    be happy to return.

Last...i was advised to follow this forum for info on
    improvements...

Bud Fox
    Houston, Tx.

MACD

my two cents on the MACD . . .

have two choices, a MACD without a histogram and one with it. i personally have no need for the histogram and find it a nuisance, currently only by tweaking the colors can one make it invisible

much more important would be to have a "black line at 0 (zero)", a constant horizontal line to make that location standout visually. its a royal pain to have to continually draw the thing since lines are not saved in settings. but even if they were saved, changing intervals would require (does require) again drawing the "zero line". please consider this, most likely very simple to implement
    Attached Files

Comment

MACD and Histogram

Yes...I can understand your view.

I suggest the ability of keep the 2 indicators separate.

In this way, there would not be a distortion of scale.

But....I really do not think Esignal is listening.

If Esignal where to make the 2 indicators separate.

I would buy the sub back. Simply, because I did
      enjoy the old tool box and setup.

And, I do not think it is a resistance to change
      thing either E-signal.

I realize there were/are other problems.

Fixing a problem and losing cusotmers is jsut
      not smart business.

Bud Fox

Comment

I am in total agreement with this problem.. It's a big time problem.. I have stated.. requested it be looked at.. to this day.. it would seem to be on dead ears.. and that from the eSignal president on done.. take what is offered.. and just stay quite.. would seem to be the attitude..

[1] increase the space/distance from the last price bar
        to the rightside/price scale. Increasing the space,
        makes a better readding of the indicator in my view.

Mars

Comment

Support Personel - Advised Me to This Forum

Yes, it is interesting.

Several months ago, I was expressing my needs
          and desires of the New Live Charts to a
          support person.

Evidently, he was a contract worker/temp....

However, a most interesting and very helpful
          man. He took my examples of the charts,
          and why Esignal was producing a poor product.

He convienced me, since I was expressing my
          displeasure by leaving the subscription program.

That using the Forum would help keep me
          informed as to when/if these suggested
          would be considered.

As I said. That was months ago. Clearly, I must
          not be an interesting writer. I wish I could
          change that, but that is life.

I continue to look for a charting service.

I have not found one yet.

I am going to look into Metastock, and see what
          they office.

I appreciate all who write here. Clearly, there is
          no intent to be disruptive.

Rather, the grieving user is one of high loyalty
          and not receiving due consideration, much less
          an descent reply.

Bud Fox
          Houston, Texas

Comment

As to looking for an alternate to LiveChart.. they are the only one providing a browser base charting software..

I looked high and low back in February.. called brokers.. searched the web.. none.. (and that does not take into account the cleanup job I had to do on one of my unit.. full of cookies and junk attachments)..

So they have the market to themselves.. that may explain why they are not in any hurry to make the changes needed.. done need to hurry.. use only one program developer.. if it happens... good.. if not.. its ok type of attitude..

Barchart provides a comparable product.. but it's for the birds.. and cost much more..

The reason I am still with LiveChart.. and why I use it.. it because I trade the market from different locations.. and I don't need to download permenent software on my laptop.. or more importantly.. I can use whatever unit that is available on location.. and login and watch the market.. and I use the charts only as a reference point.. history information of the last two or three hour.. for I execute my trade from my trading platform quotes from a different laptop.. makes it a very portable way to trade.. and that's important to me..

But as long as they done raise the monthly fee.. I will tolerate the inconvenient created by the problems.. for now..

Mars

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. As one of the few services able to provide speed, quality and breadth of data, we realize that many traders look to us to deliver what they need. At less than $20/mo, the current LC platform represents a tremendous value for many.

That said, development of LC is ongoing so I'm sure you'll see some exciting enhancements in the future.

Your feedback will be relayed to our Product Development Team.

Thanks.

Comment

MACD and Scal Concern

Hello Scott and Thank You.

Your comments of product cost, were as expected.

Pass along to those who can effect the
                changes requested here.

That, I am not a subscriber.

Tell them. That I left. I did not leave,
                DUE TO COST INCREASE
                from under $12 to near $22/mo.

Tell them, the chart presentation was
                the ongoing problem. Mine an MACD
                display complaint.

Others here, are expressing there wishes
                for an improvement to your product.

Which, by the way. I will not subscibe until
                the changes I need, which are simple are
                effected.

Again, I need to have the 2 technical indicators
                separated. MACD and MACD Histogram.

What is so hard about that?

You can qoute me. I would be happy to pay
                $30/mo if I can get this simple correction.

My last post. It was a member of your support
                team which advised me to use this forum.

Bud Fox
                Houston, Texas

Comment

Scott:

It's not "exciting enhancements" that traders are looking for.. I for one don't need enhancements in colour..

What is needed right now is functionality.. proper spacing between the line being graphed and vertical quote bar.. exporting of chart in html.. proper time vertical bar spacing..

These items require attention now... not sometime in the future..

At least you are reading this forum.. one can take hope from that..

Mars

Comment

"wireless guru" wrote:

"Have you been able to use any of the new technical indicators we added to the new LiveCharts?"

"ScottJ" wrote:

" . . . so I'm sure you'll see some exciting enhancements in the future."

these are the kind of responses that marketing people use. my dear fellows, we don't need to be "marketed", we need to be able to get to the markets

we don't need "new technical indicators", "bells and whistles" aren't going to make anybody a better trader. what we need is a high degree of functionality in a basic set of tools. i don't ask for everything i'd like to see in LiveCharts, there are things i can adapt to, there are things i can work around . . . had to do that in the past and will probably always have to do that. that being said, much has been identified in these forums regarding a higher degree of functionality. to me that would include a constant "black zero line" on the MACD, i'm a simple kind of guy . . .

we don't need "exciting enhancements", unless of course that means giving us back what we had in the past, such as the ability to view the "day session hours" for all futures contracts. i'm extremely tired of looking at the grain markets as small islands of activity in a sea of low volume nonsense. what good are "new technical indicators" when everything flattens out between these islands of activity? we need to have day-to-day continuity on the 5min and 15min time frames. the pit contracts are so thin now that they don't provide this, so we need to see the electronic contracts (ZC, ZS, ZW, etc) filtered to show only the "day session hours"

i second the previous opinion, keep the "exciting enhancements" and the "new technical indicators" . . . where's the beef ???

Comment

Originally posted by goofyfoot

my dear fellows, we don't need to be "marketed", we need to be able to get to the markets.

what we need is a high degree of functionality in a basic set of tools.

we don't need "exciting enhancements", unless of course that means giving us back what we had in the past, such as the ability to view the "day session hours" for all futures contracts.

i second the previous opinion, keep the "exciting enhancements" and the "new technical indicators" . . . where's the beef ???

SPOT ON !

Comment

MACD and Scaling

to: Wireless Guru....

<edited by moderator, keep comments civil>

oh....and that free stuff for 30 days.
                        nope, not so.

I took it and on the same day. I saw
                        that the MACD and MACD Hostogram
                        were on the same scale.

I called to be removed. the same day
                        Esignal charges me $11 and change.

guess, that is another topic for another time.

Bud Fox
                        Houston, Texas

Comment

Please keep in mind that the conversion of LC involved the switch from one software platform to a completely different one. We have many thousands of customers on this platform and between their continuing paid subscriptions and overall feedback, we certainly feel we're headed in the right direction with this product.

Is it perfect? No. Is some of the functionality different from the prior platform? Yes. Are we addressing requests from existing LC users? Yes, at a pace of a new build every 1-2 weeks. All companies have limited resources and we are no different. We're prioritizing the requests received from our entire client base and making the adjustments that make the most sense and impact the most # of clients.

We see your feedback and it's been recorded in our system for evaluation. Over the next 2-3 weeks, we'll put out a status report on where our development of key issues stand.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott Johnson
                            eSignal Support
                            Helpful support sites:

And

Scott A. Johnson
                            Vice President, Global Service and Education

Same person.... difference titles.. ???

Recieved this email today Scott A. Johnson..

Note: If you are currently subscribing to LiveCharts @ USD9.95 your new pricing of USD19.95 will take affect on your August bill.

Nice to see that the subscription rate has been extended for another monthly.. thank you.. guess will've have to start another email campaign next monthly..

There is a need to be compensated somehow... for having to put up with the issues of developing the software.. it's fine to have limited resources for development.. but not a the expense of the user.. that would be very unfair to the user... and especially when it's known that LC are the only ones with this type of software..

Mars

Comment

Yes, one in the same.

In terms of compensation, we don't discuss that topic in public forums but rather see it as an individual customer issue. Please contact our Customer Service Department directly if you wish to discuss a credit.

I should also say that we do feel that LC already represents a positive value proposition. If LiveCharts isn't currently meeting your needs, regrettably, I do have to suggest that you may need to look at alternative services if they can better meet your needs. Our aim is to satisfy every customer but we do recognize that's not always possible. If thats the case for you, we wish you all the best in your search for a solution that fits you better.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X