slow loading Charts on busy stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow loading Charts on busy stocks

i notice that the charts were very slow in loading today on fast moving stocks.

In any case it seems that the T and S data comes up quickly and for fast moving stocks just scrolls n scrolls while the chart is nowhere to be seen.

Maybe if you were to first download the chart info and then start up the T n S the T n S wouldnt cut into the bandwidth for downloading the chart data.

Only explanation i can think of for what I saw and i'm running on a 1.6GHz G4 based machine.

Engineering is currently looking into the issue with slow loading charts.

Comment

This problem has taken a dramatic turn for the worse today. For the better part of the day, anything less than a daily chart has been of no value, taking anywhere from 30 - 90 seconds to draw, and sometimes not appearing for several minutes. This occurs any time there is any type of increase in volume. I hope that the engineers understand the extreme urgency of this situation ... if the charts won't draw, the service is of no value, and any other problems or changes become a mute point.

Before today, once I did get a chart to draw with an interval less than Daily, I was able to change times and get fairly immediate response. The problem was primarily seen when changing symbols. Today, changing from a 5 minute to a 1 minute chart, for example, takes almost as long as changing symbols.
      Last edited by bcompere; 07-18-2008, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X