UVE is one where latest headlines arent being displayed

This is being looked into.

Thanks.

Comment

The news that comes with LiveCharts are from:
      RN - RTT News
      PR - PR Newswire
      BW - Business wire

I didn't see that there were any articles for UVE associated to those services.

Premium news services can also be added to accounts as I do show articles on for UVE from news services like:
      WR- Dow Jones World Report
      DF - Dow Jones Financial wire
      DJ - Dow Jones News Service

I did see articles also from CT - Comtex News Service and I'll make a request to see if that can be added to LiveCharts accounts.

Comment

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/080811/0423575.html

it's on Marketwire, Yahoo carries the newsfeeds,

is there any reason you dont carry Marketwire ?

Comment

is there any reason you dont carry Marketwire ?
          We typically don't discuss the business reasons behind why we aren't providing a particular service.

Market Wire looks like an interesting service. I'll go ahead and pass the suggestion along to Product Development for review.

Thanks.

Comment

i hope they take it as more than a mere suggestion

Comment

PS - how's the fix coming on correcting the way the newsfeed operates ? I pointed that out a couple weeks or more ago ???

for example by entering C you get the chart for Citi but you also get the news for every ticker with a 'c' in it

Comment

An observation that might help: C is one of the symbols that I track very closely, and I have not noticed that problem with the news. I just looked again after reading your message, and every news item listed has C listed in the symbol list on the right, and there are no articles that do not refer to C on the list.

HOWEVER, as I watched, there were several news items that scrolled onto the screen that did not reference C ... some were just headlines referencing a single symbol. Out of curiosity, I clicked on Current Porfolio (which certainly seems to be very incomplete, and only goes back for 24 hours), and then on Top Stories. When I went back to Current Symbol, the stories that did not belong were gone, and once again everything was correctly referring only to news referencing C. For reference, I do not keep news showing on the chart screen, but click to it using the arrows at the bottom.

I will try to attach before and after screen shots:
                Attached Files

Comment

I couldn't figure out how to attach two ... the previous screen shows messages that scrolled in as the news window was left open. Here is screen 2, showing that they are gone after looking at the Current Portfolio and Top Stories. If it is important, I did not leave the news screen before going back to the Current Symbol list. This would insinuate that the code for loading the news is fine, but the problem lies in the code for bringing in new headlines while the screen is open. Logically, it would follow that if someone leaves the news screen showing at the bottom of the chart screen, that if a single symbol was left in place on the chart, the news would soon be totally random.
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is a known bug, however at this time I do not have an ETA for the resolution.

I'll try to see if I can get an update on this issue.

Comment

A resolution might be in testing as early as next week for the incorrect headline results.

Comment

Working...
                      X