Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• day session only for TF

reminder:

symbol TF will soon (sept. 19th) be the ONLY russell 2000 mini.

therefore we should get a day session only symbol for it hopefully very soon.

I checked with our QA department.

Unfortunately due to the way data is handled for ICE US symbols we're unable to create =2 symbols.

=2 symbols work in conjunction to the pit session, which has closed.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=26163

Comment

so this means what?

we won't get any sort of day session only data?

i'm sure you find a way ...

(what about the all sessions button in this case ?)

Comment

basic question about day session only data/symbols:

do you plan to stick to those "=2" symbols? - or do you probably work on finding a better way for it?

don't you think you could switch back to the mode of the old livecharts version - one symbol per market - and a working "all sessions" - button? (or maybe a "day only" - button)

it would be VERY helpful for all of us.

i am convinced that there is a way to implement this.

edit:

just found this thread:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=27284

where "wireless guru" wrote:

"Just to keep everyone updated, we are looking a different ways to display day session only for all electronic contracts. "

what is the status quo in this case?
        Last edited by freestyle; 08-28-2008, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The suggestion has been forwarded to the project manager for further consideration.

Comment

when do you expect feedback or a solution to this problem?

Comment

Implementation of any new feature must first be reviewed and prioritized by our Product Management group. This is normally a longer process so it's dependent on how this is rolled out. We will post an update next month once we have more info on this.

Comment

any updatas so far?

and - is it just me -

or why does chart for "TF" stop at 2pm ET?

Comment

I haven't seen TF Z8 stop at 2PM EST.

The time on the chart and Time and Sales sync to your computer clock, so that could be something to check. Also you can right click on the clock in the Time and Sales window to change the time for the chart/time&sales from (local, exchange, or GMT)

Here is a screenshot of what I see (in PST) on LC-H-04, this would indicate that the 10-min bar the cursor tracking is on would be the one closing at 17:30 EST :
                  Attached Files

Comment

the chart for TF *DID* stop at 2pm - until yesterday or so.

yesterday it stopped at 6pm (eastern time)!

can you believe that?

would YOU please take care about it?

this symbol should be treated like ES or NQ - i'm sure you know what i mean.

regular trading from 9.30 am to 4.15 pm ET (or 4.00 - whatever).

i hope you understand that it is absolutely necessary to have a possibility to view such contracts without overnight data.

funny thing - for THIS symbol the "all sessions" button works. at least right now (Server Name = LC-B-12).

why does it nor work for CME e-minis?

looking forward to a final solution.

for more information - read this:

https://www.theice.com/publicdocs/fu...Fact_Sheet.pdf
                    Last edited by freestyle; 09-18-2008, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Hello Freestyle,

We checked with our LiveCharts product manager and there are currently no plans on adding any more =2 symbols into our data feed. They did however say that maybe in the future there might be a feature that will let you choose what times you want a symbol to start and end.
                      Thank You,
                      Luis
                      eSignal Support

Comment

such a feature would be a very good solution. hopefully we will get it very soon.

until then maybe you could take care about that one issue for symbol TF.

chart should stop at 4.15 pm, because - according to the document from ice (see below) - floor trading for this contract takes place from 9.30 am - 4.15 pm.

if the "all sessions" button keeps working then we do not need a "=2" symbol for TF.

thanks.

Comment

We’ll forward your comments on to the LiveCharts Project Manager letting them know that you are very interested in the day only session for the E-Mini Russell.
                          I would also encourage you to also send your suggestions on ways to improve the product to [email protected].

This being a new symbol and feed it may take some time to get all the items worked out for all users. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Once we get more information as to if and when your suggestions will be implemented we’ll post back here.

AveryH
                          eSignal Support

Comment

LuisF wrote:

. . . maybe in the future there might be . . .
                            i'm sorry, could you please be more vague ?
                            Last edited by goofyfoot; 09-19-2008, 04:16 PM.

Comment

this problem is still unsolved - now it is even worse:

TF has no "=2" symbol - AND the "all session" button no longer works.

how much longer do we have to wait??

this symbol has to be treated like ES, NQ, MC ...

means - a regular trading hours chart from 9.30 to 16.15 (either through "=2" or "all sessions" button).

this cannot be such a big deal - or what?

Comment

Working...
                              X