• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where's this 500K trade coming from ?

stock only traded 40k so far
    Attached Files

I'm on LC-H-11 and do not see the bad volume spike today
    2 min chart of EGY, all sessions on off as that appears to be how yours is.

Perhaps the data has been corrected already or is server specific. Could you indicate the server you are connected to, or possibly reload the chart by going to another symbol and back to this one?
    Attached Files

Comment

you're overcounting your shares again

these two screenshots were taken within seconds of each other, i switched over to another ticker briefly to clear the EGY screen then cam back to EGY
      Attached Files

Comment

second shot looks better

no idea what server other than in the -hw group, i dont have the time to scroll thorugh all the java console messages your software generate to try and find it

maybe you should have your software people put the server we're connected to in the lower right of the page dispalying quites, you alreadsy tell us what port we're connected and the symbol we're looking at
        Attached Files

Comment

I see what you mean, looks like if data is refreshed the historical data is ok, but the incoming data is counting too high for volume.

Am reporting to QA

Comment

i logged into -bxb

it overcounts there too

maybe you should just watch EGY for a few minutes until you see it

seems to happen when a burst of trades goes thorugh

Comment

i was able to see what's happening

your server keeps sending the same trade over and over even though no trading is occuring

Comment

guppy

if you spend your time researching what wrong with the Livechart program..

maybe.. just maybe.. you may want to post for a request for employment..

on second thought.. maybe it's not such a good idea..

maybe asking for a credit for a few months.. would be more valuable..

these guys are something elses.. fix one end.. the other fall off..

this week... the quotes and Hotlist are for the birds..

when you need them working.. they are gone for a few second nap.. then they return.. and are ok for a few minutes.. until it gets busy.. then off for a nap again..

Comment

the product has great potential

not sure why they are having so many problems with getting the bugs fixed but my suspicion is that the coding crew is offshore somewhere

( i have an engineering degree once was a coder and then got out of it because of all the outsourcing, saw where the future was going and it didnt seem too bright )

Comment

in agreement with the potential..

unfortunately.. whoever is in charge.. does not see it..

but then.. that what the outcome looks like.. when your focus is on income ($).. instead of the product..

they see.. but don't understand what is happening..

maybe someday.. they will see to understand..

Comment

=> LiveCharts, Copyright © 2000-2008, Build LC18 of 06/04/08

doesnt look like they've even put out a newer version with any attempt at bug fixes ?

latest version is from June ?

Comment

The changes were made to the servers and did not require a change to the applet and your issue with EGY is being looked into by QA.

Originally posted by guppy
                        => LiveCharts, Copyright © 2000-2008, Build LC18 of 06/04/08

doesnt look like they've even put out a newer version with any attempt at bug fixes ?

latest version is from June ?

Comment

Help me here guppy.. what did I miss..

the issues of quotes and hotlist freezing up.. the issues of yours misrepresenting the numbers.. IS AN ISSUE OF SERVERS..

it's the software or platform or whatever you want to call it.. that's the issue.. servers only store info.. and disk it out on request..

I'm not a tech guru.. but I know my way around with software..

but go figure it out.. we must be all lost to beleive this one..

Comment

i hear ya trader

well they fix what they can when they i suppose, server issue was supposedly resolved before market closed but i did continue to see the repeated trades runnign up the intraday volumes, we'll see what tomorrow brings on this issue, i hope it's resolved

as for all the other bugs we've brought up well that's another story ... it's out of our hands

i'm suprised we see to be the only ones finding problems, are we the only ones using this product ? i hope not for our sakes, i suppose other users are just much more laid back about issues or use other backup data sources

dont know what else to say, it's their sandbox even though we play in it

Comment

I'm in agreement.. it's their sandbox..

some months back.. I counted some 39 or 40 different names (people) making comments.. since then.. you and I seem to be the only ones..

just maybe.. they are observers of the market.. versa trading the market.. lots of people do that.. and call it trading the market..

I scapl the market.. so I use the price behavior.. and price patterns.. to make the calls..

but it's not useful to me when the quotes freeze up.. and it seems to occur just when the price moves on the important patterns..

the last 3 days.. if you login before the market opens.. you have to re-loggin after market has opened.. otherwise.. the hotlist are frozen..

so figure it out.. as long as the dollars roll in.. I guess everybody is fine with it.. not much else out there to replace it with..

the new livecharts may have beautiful features.. which is what they use to justify in increase in price..

but those features doesn't serve a trader any good.. stable readable working quotes.. is what counts..

Comment

Working...
                              X