Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your HW servers are showing $XOI at 1/10 its value

your HW servers are showing $XOI at 1/10 its value

whne you bring up $XOI it shows a chart with correct values, the first update thereafter the value of $XOI shows up at 1/10 the value

come in people whats going on over there ??????????

I've connected to a couple of the hw servers (h-07 and h-10) and I haven't seen the values described (1/10th).

Would you be able to indicate which server(s) you saw this on?

Here is pic of my chart and java console indicating server h-10
    Attached Files

Comment

try lc-h-05

here's the visual proof
      Attached Files

Comment

this isnt the first time i've reported this effect since we've switched over to the new Livecharts

when will a new build be out ? we're still using the 12/08 build

might be nice to put the server info at the bottom of the chart page along with the other status data, it's a mess to dig through all the debug info in the java console assuming it doesnt scroll off and disappear

Comment

ps

i dont see this problem on the BXB servers only HW

it seems to come and go as best as i can tell

Comment

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem when connected to LC-H-05.

Have you tried clearing cache/cookies?

Do you get different results when trying a different browser (Firefox vs IE)?

When you mention it comes and goes, does that happen on the same server (on the same livecharts session)? That is, if you entered a different interval on LC-H-05 for instance do you see it disappear?
            Attached Files

Comment

i use seamonkey on a Mac

you see the image i posted, it'll be charting just fine and then bad data at 1/10 the value starts showing up, if i switch to another ticker then come back to XOI the TnS data is fine and the chart looks as expected but then bad data starts printing again

yes tried the cookies, how would cookies come into play ?

Comment

Cookies were a suggestion since the issue did not seem to be server related from what I was experiencing.

I had checked a couple computers running different versions of IE, with different versions of Java, on internet connections both on our network as well as an external DSL connection and was unable to reproduce the results you reported.

Most (non-server/application related) LiveCharts issues, often relate to browser, cookies/cache, or java version.

Unfortunately we're still unable to support LiveCharts issues related to the Mac OS.

Comment

FWIW, seems OK on mine.
                  Server URL = lc-b-01
                  $XOI at 898.17 as I type.

Comment

works find under Mac OS, i appreciate the availability of the product believe me !

still not sure how a divide by ten occurs due to a cookie, you can see it on the T n S display

anyway i never see the problem when i use login-bxb, just sometimes when i use login-hw

Comment

We've received a couple more reports from clients experiencing similar issues on index symbols. This is happening on bxb servers too as I had one report of lc-b-02.

Reporting details to engineering to investigate.

I'll update this thread when I hear more.

Comment

i see it on the BXB servers this mormning as well, just started about 15 min ago

XOI BTK probably other indeces as well i;'d guess

Comment

Engineering is testing a fix for this problem which should be rolled out next week (rollouts tend to go over the course of a few days). The work around in the meantime is to log out and back in.

The rollout should address the bug not only for LiveCharts but the other java products like Market Center Live and Market Q (2.0).

Comment

The rollout to the servers began yesterday after market (5/6) and should complete after market on Monday (5/11)

Comment

so where do we login to get the fix now ???

so where do we login to get the fix now ???

i'm tired of seeing the indeces screwed up all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X