Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $TICK Symbol Stops Quoting After 10.30am

Hi Todd

It's been a while since we've conmunicated..

Why is it that the $TICK symbol stops quote or graphing on the charts sometime at 10.30 am..

This issue started sometime last Wednesday.. and has been happening every morning since...

Attached is a sample.. and I have others..

Mars

I'm not familiar with this issue.

I'm looking at a 1 minute chart on $TICK and I don't see a gap in my charts around 7:30 PDT (10:30 EDT), and the chart and T&S window are still updating for me.

Is this something that I would have to see at that time (I'm assuming EDT) with actively updating data, as opposed to refreshing the chart and pulling up the historical intraday data?

Does this happen with other symbols?

I'm currently on LC-H-02. Using IE 6.0.2 and java currently using Java Update 1.6.0_05.

I don't see an attachment associated to your post, it might have been too large a file? If so maybe saving it as a .png would create a smaller image to post?

Comment

It occurs only once in the am.. and it usually occurrs just after 10.30 EST.. and has occurred every day this week..

Closing the appalet window.. and re-opening a new one.. does not give a charting window.. just a blank TICK window..

I then have to log out.. and re-log.. then it charts/ quote ok the rest of the day..

Mars
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll see if I can reproduce those results on Monday.

Comment

This is the same bug that is on the thread regarding $XOI.

Basically what is happening is the price starts displaying after a decimal point due to a data bug. For now you'd have to close and reopen the browser.

On Friday I had heard that a fix should begin rollout this week to resolve this issue.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 05-04-2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Well.. I'm sure if I am in agreement with the bug being the same..

The issue I'm referring to is "the quote and graphing stop printing"

Anyway.. same thing this am.. EST after 10.30.. it stops quoting

Attached is this morning..

Pain in the a.. having to relog in..

Mars
            Attached Files

Comment

The chart is updating, it's just the range is too narrow (due to the bug) that the updates appear as a dash. If the T&S portion was displayed, you should still see updates that would appear as .456 instead of 456 for instance.

Closing and relaunching LiveCharts should clear the appearance of the chart until the fix is rolled out.

If data had stopped completely the chart would have been completely blank for those minute periods instead of the ---- pattern.

Comment

Whatever the justification..

It was not a problem/issue 10 days ago or before..

Why now.. Why so long of a wait.. for it to be repaired..

It's a pain to have to log out.. and resetup again.. and that's not accepable..

Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience.

The issue was reported Wednesday, and a fix was on a test server on Friday 5/1. Roll-outs over so many servers, across the various java products are rolled out in stages, usually over the course of a few days.

Comment

Apology accepted..

But it's still a pain...

And I do not see a credit on my account for the inconvenience created..

Comment

Due to a number of variables, our Customer Service (CS) Department handles credit requests on a case by case basis.

To contact CS for LiveChart Issues:
                      http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...lc_contact.asp

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Todd

The $TICK symbol worked ok for 2 days (Monday/Tuesday) of last week.. then back to the same things.. screwed up quoting..
                        only this time it's at 11.30 time frame.. instead of 10.30 EST

What was done so that it worked ok for 2 days..

Pain in the a.. having to logout and back in..

Mars
                        Attached Files

Comment

The fix is being applied to various servers over a 4-day span which should complete after market today:

It relates to this thread
                          Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 05-12-2009, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X