Can't Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Login

Why do we still have to logout and log back in each time we enter live chart. On occasion (like today) I log out then log back in and when I try click on livecharts I get a message that " I have been logged out of session please login again" This ends up a vicious loop that I get ever get logged in to?

What gives? This is a paid app. You would think you can get the login straight. Anxiously waiting for this fix.

why no response? Nice customer service

Comment

Hey,
      LiveCharts is very dependent on two things:
      1- Up to date Java
      2- clear temp files and cookies.

Here's what I'd recommend:
      1- Go to www.java.com and click the link for "Do I have Java?" and let it look at your system. Upgrade to the latest Java, and then use the "Test" link to verify the installation.
      then
      2- Clear the temp files and cookies - That's where all of the info and settings for LiveCharts is stored. Sometimes one of them gets corrupted and the app behaves badly. I don't have a specific "temp file and cookie list" so I always just have to clear them all. It's important to either close down all the browsers and clear them thru the Internet Options Control Panel OR have just one browser open, but have it be on Google or something completely NOT related to LC, quote.com, etc. if you're going to use the "tools" menu in the browser.

You certainly don't have to clear these things every time you run LC, 'cause when you do you'll reset your charts. It's just that I find that many times strange LC behaviour is corrected by clearing both the temp files and the cookies.

At any rate - make sure your Java is the latest and the temp files and cookies are cleared out and then log in again. I've had the most luck with logging in here:
      http://login.livecharts.com - it's a cleaner login and if I still need my quote.com account I can always access it.

Also - best results are had if you're running IE or Firefox. Some folks may be running other browsers - you can try if you want - but seems like overall IE and Firefox work best.

Hope that helps.

Comment

That brings up an important item..

CLEANING OUT COOKIES...

do you have any idea.. what a problems this creates to a unit (machine).. not only do you clean the cookies for LiveChart.. the cookies for everything else.. such as login id and pw to other utlitiles..

Here's what eSignal tech people should do..

create a temp file that is named Livechart.. which is setup and locate in the temp file of the users default file in document and setting folder..

that would be a great help.. wouldn't have to spend time re-setting the chart.. (not discounting the other utilities.. but it would not take 4 or 5 days before Livechart login reconizes the password loggin..

Just my two cents....

Mars

Comment

The issue with having to log back into LiveCharts is something being looked into; however there isn't an ETA for a resolution. The next major release is not expected until next year.

I've noticed that accessing LiveCharts via http://login.livecharts.com is reliable.

If LiveCharts has already launched though, problems are more frequent if attempts to re-launch the applet are made from the "Log-In Complete" or "Login successful" pages, which have launching links to help load the applet when originally blocked by pop-up blockers.

Comment

Like I said..

Just my two cents worth...

Must have had a major cut back at eSignal.. if it will take until next year to do something about a temp file..

it's not something that takes much work..

Then.. again.. it's eSignal.. just give me your money.. and don't cry..

Thanks for your time.. Todd.. I'll try to stay quiet for a while..

My two cents

Mars

Comment

tradermars,

I'll forward your suggestion for a LiveCharts temp folder or some utility that would just delete cookies for LiveCharts to project management.

Comment

Working...
              X