Poor performance today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor performance today

I am having trouble keeping the chart running for more than just a few minutes at a time today. Haven't seen it this bad for months. Runs after each log-in but only for a few minutes and is easily stopped by simple actions, like changing to another stock symbol or time period.

It got much better late in the day; the worst was in the morning.

Comment

Again, Monday

It's behaving the same Monday morning as on Friday, won't stay running very long after each log-in.

Comment

Better today

After a slow start and several forced new log-ins during the first hour, the service is much more robust late this morning..

Comment

Can you give us some more details please?
          1 - What kind of computer are you running? Mac? PC?
          2 - What operating system are you running?
          3 - What browser (and version) are you running? (i.e.: Firefox 3.5.2, IE 7, IE 8, Google Chrome v2, etc)
          4 - Is your Java up-to-date? It needs to be. You can check here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
          5- What specific tickers are you having trouble with?
          6- What is happening that makes you say performance is poor?

Comment

to Bill

Hi Bill, sorry for not checking back yesterday.
            Thanks for suggesting I check my Java update: turns out I was in fact not quite up to date (had Version 6 update 15).
            I had thought it would update itself automatically (usually does).
            Now have update 16 and will see tomorrow if that makes a difference.

I am running a fairly standard PC, 2 GB RAM, Intel Core2 6420, Windows XP Pro, SP3, Firefox 3.53

Bob

Comment

Thanks for the info Bob.
              If you continue to run into issues feel free to email us at support.
              http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...icle=3148&p=22

Comment

What is wrong with my computer?

It turns out that my problem, as described below, is specific to my main computer: there is no such issue on my backup computer which runs LiveCharts all day without stopping.

It is as though there is a data buffer that fills and then doesn't accept any more input until there is a new log-in and restart.

This occurs whether using Firefox or Internet Explorer, so it presumably has to do with the Java applet. Is it a garbage collection problem?

Again, I have the latest updated versions of all my software, Java, FF, IE, WindowsXP.
                Virus scans are clean.

Comment

suspecting ZoneAlarm

A final note to this old post:

For unrelated reasons I recently uninstalled ZoneAlarm Security Suite, which I had been running for years. Since then my LiveCharts has been running flawlessly, each day all day long.

There has to be some connection between the former erratic operation of LiveCharts and ZoneAlarm (as I had it configured).

Comment

Working...
                  X