Unable to Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Login

Are LiveChart servers down this morning?

Anyone else having the problem?

Takes the ID and password (note, cookie normally keeps me connected and isn't necessary to do daily login) and just refreshes the login page with blank password. Saw this problem about a week ago, but it cleared in a few minutes on that occassion.

Tried with IE8 (normal), Firefox, and Safari (all the same result). Tried dropping IE firefall, but that didn't help and hasn't been a prior problem.

Hi,
    Yes, we are having server problems this morning. We are working on that and hope to have it restored ASAP. Please do NOT change your password - that will only prolong your problem getting up and running.
    You may have luck logging in at http://login.livecharts.com - but you won't have access to your portfolios. You'll only have the "Sample Portfolio" - that's part of the problem that is being repaired.

Comment

Thanks Bill for the quick response.

As an old network and systems integration engineer, I knew better than try the password reset without cause.

Seems I recall a "server/system status page", but couldn't find it this morning.

Please post back when problem is cleared.

Dan

Comment

Hey Dan,
        Yeah - changing the password just makes the problem worse right now.
        The System Status page is here, but it hasn't been updated with this new issue:
        http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...icle=3028&p=25

Comment

Hey - one other thing - if you hit http://login.livecharts.com - can you at least get logged in with your existing U/N & P/W? You'd just have the "Sample Portfolio" - but can you at least launch and run the charting interface?

Comment

Hi Bill,

Yes, I was/am now logged in using that alternative login. No portfolio, but charting seems OK.

Will portfolio automatically load when service is restored, or will I need to shutdown and restart the applet?

Dan

Comment

Hey Dan,
              Thanks much for the verification - once the link back to the quote.com servers is restored - I'm guessing you'll need to log out, clear the cookies and temp files and log back in.

You can certainly try a simple log out / wait a minute / log back in first, before clearing the temp files & cookies and see if it works.

I know the whole "clear the cookies and temp files" thing gets old - but that's where LiveCharts stores its info and that's how it works. Clearing those really does solve a lot of ills, but yes, it resets your charts back to default so you have to set everything up again.

Changing the password may mean that we have to manually go in and re-link the quote.com servers to the new password - that's why I'm advising against doing that (for those who are lurking and reading this post).

Comment

OK Bill....Thanks.

I'll check back periodically during the day to see if you've posted the problem as cleared. Since we're 20 minutes from open, I'll stick with the bypass for now.

Thanks again.

Dan

Note...for others reading, see Bill's alternative login link on his first response in this thread, as temporary bypass while they work the problem.

Comment

ok - looks like Engr has got things back up.

Can you all try logging out and logging back in like you normally would and please post back here if you have problems?

Comment

Hi Bill,

The REFRESH button on the portfolio window was all that was necessary to replace the Sample Portfolio with my Active/saved portfolio (worked instantly), now that service is restored.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

Dan

Comment

Excellent Dan - thanks for the feedback!
                      Happy New Year!

Comment

Working...
                      X