Already logged in please log out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already logged in please log out

I get this message often when trying to login. It is very irratating. Have to delete browser cookies .. close internet explorer. Have not found the exact cause... very much a pain.. what gives here?

For some reason, every so often the LiveCharts application corrupts a temp file and/or a browser cookie. The most successful way to fix it is to close all browsers (assuming you're on I.E.) and open the Control Panel for Internet Options and delete the temp files and cookies from there. Of course, this will delete all of the cookies and temp files, so you'll need to reset your studies and all with LiveCharts, as well as re-enter passwords and such on other sites you regularly visit.
    The exact cause of this hasn't been found - as it affects different users on a different frequency. It is being researched internally and will likely be addressed in a future release of the software.

Comment

when will we see a new release ?

when will we see a new release ?

" It is being researched internally and will likely be addressed in a future release of the software."

Comment

Hopefully within 3 weeks or so (as far as a beta).

Comment

already logged in

well i always have this problem as well after i restart my browser but it goes away until i relaunch the browser after running the livecharts applet

also the livechart applet over time uses up all the java heap, apparently it fails to release all the memory that it uses and the java garbage collector cant seem to free up the space either even after the livecharts applet is terminated. anyone lese notice this problem ? that's why i have to restart the browser after every 3 days or so when i use the livecharts applet. another issue you might have your people look into assuming it's not something you would consider a browser issue, seems to me the applet has memory lkeaks or some such issue

Comment

have you folks looked into the Memory Leak issue i mentioned ?

have you folks looked into the Memory Leak issue i mentioned ?

Comment

Guppy, could you provide more details on the problem you're experiencing with LiveCharts?

What are some of the symptoms that force you to have to restart your browser?

Is LiveCharts running continuously the whole time or is it just the browser you leave open? Is it just running LiveCharts at one point during a given browser session which causes problems for you?

I'm not familiar with a memory leak issue in LiveCharts that is being investigated currently but I can forward details of the problem to the project manager.

Comment

memory leak

i use sea monkey 2.0.5 from mozilla - essentially the same thing as firefox - i run this on a mac using OS 10.5.8 but this problem has been around for a while

start up a live charts session quit it - repeat this a few times - each time you quit monitor the free memory via the java console - you'll see that each time you quit a livecharts session you lose 10 meg or so of free heap memory eventually you use it all up and have to quit the browser to be able to run livecharts

i'll be awaiting the results of your tests

Comment

The Mac OS is not supported and I was unable to test in that environment.
                  System Requirements

Running LiveCharts on Windows 7 w/ Firefox I did not seem to have the described problem in the Java Console with running out of Free Memory.

Whether the applet itself was running or closed (repeated launching the applet more than 25 times), the % of free memory would cycle down each time I hit "m" in the java console window and then eventually reset back to a higher %.

I did see that the Total Memory would increase at times when the Free Memory increased. However, I didn't get to a point where LiveCharts failed to launch for me.

Examples from my Java Console:
                  09:11:01 Attempting to connect.
                  Server connection (S) #6 created.
                  Server URL = lc-h-03.esignal.com

Memory: 64,404K Free: 14,000K (21%) ... completed.
                  Memory: 64,404K Free: 10,680K (16%) ... completed.
                  Memory: 64,404K Free: 26,216K (40%) ... completed.

Socket (S) #6 closed.
                  New session state: SessionTerminated

09:11:33 Attempting to connect.
                  Server connection (S) #7 created.
                  Server URL = lc-h-04.esignal.com

Memory: 64,404K Free: 7,738K (12%) ... completed.
                  Memory: 64,404K Free: 20,377K (31%) ... completed.

Socket (S) #7 closed.

Memory: 64,404K Free: 18,375K (28%) ... completed.
                  Memory: 64,404K Free: 18,135K (28%) ... completed.

09:12:09 Attempting to connect.
                  Server connection (S) #8 created.
                  Server URL = lc-h-01.esignal.com

Memory: 64,404K Free: 2,562K (3%) ... completed.
                  Memory: 64,404K Free: 1,574K (2%) ... completed.
                  Memory: 64,404K Free: 811K (1%) ... completed.
                  Memory: 112,564K Free: 65,079K (57%) ... completed.

Comment

trust me Livecharts runs in a Mac environment just fine

in any case my java heap memory gets to a point where i cant launch Livecharts so i have to restart the browser - even using G to run the garbage collector results in not enough memory being recovered - it seems that the memory allocated to the actual java code for Livecharts doesnt get freed up for whatever reason

Comment

try running the windows version of Sea Monkey - supposedly they share the same browser code

Sea Monkey just includes mail and other capabilities

Comment

Although the SeaMonkey Browser isn't one we officially support, I did install version 2.0.5.

I launched LiveCharts and closed it about 18-20 times.

The results were the same as I was seeing with Firefox.

Basically the free memory would fluctuate during the LiveCharts session (counting down and then resetting).

If after closing the applet the free memory number would be a low percentage, I was still able to launch livecharts and the total memory number would increase as well as the free memory and the cycle would continue.

See below:

Sender thread (S) #8 exiting.
                        Receiver thread (S) #8 exiting.
                        Memory: 68,024K Free: 12,935K (19%) ... completed.

10:38:47 Attempting to connect.
                        Server connection (S) #9 created.
                        Memory: 114,164K Free: 61,046K (53%) ... completed.

Sender thread (S) #16 exiting.
                        Receiver thread (S) #16 exiting.
                        Memory: 114,164K Free: 7,208K (6%) ... completed.

10:40:32 Attempting to connect.
                        Server connection (S) #17 created.
                        Memory: 190,632K Free: 86,130K (45%) ... completed.

Comment

maybe it's java related or the browser implementation on the Mac by the Mozilla folks

java version "1.5.0_24"
                          Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_24-b02-357-9M3165)
                          Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_24-149, mixed mode, sharing)

anyway it's more annoying than a deal killer

see if you can round up a Mac if you're up to it - since LiveCharts is java based then you should be able to advertise it as Mac compatible

Comment

Working...
                          X