Time at the bottom chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time at the bottom chart

why has eSignal changed the time size at the bottom of the chart this a.m..

and where is the ability to change this hiding in..

From my java console I don't show that there's been a new release of LC 3.0.

You may be referring to the font size setting in preferences (located at the top right corner of the applet - Icon = the crossed wrench and screwdriver)

Comment

You may be referring to the font size setting in preferences (located at the top right corner of the applet - Icon = the crossed wrench and screwdriver) [/B][/QUOTE]

No.. that does not work.. it only screwed up all my setting..

the font size of the time across the bottom of a chart.. can set the font size for the price quote.. but not the time..

the font size was bigger until this a.m...

Comment

This a.m... the font size for the clock time at the bottom of the charts was not the same size as the quote size..

Something was done by eSignal between monday night and tuesday morning.. to have cause this to change..

I have just spend over one hour trying to figure how to get the font size back.. with no success..

The font size used to.. work with the quote font size.. until this a.m.. now there this a very small font..

Oh well.. can leave something alone..

What happened here ? ? ? ?

While am at it.. how about having the quoting in the Detailed Quote section.. lining up from the right hand side.. that way the quotes will line up.. the label are left hand set.. need to set the quotes to the right side..

the quotes for the HotList work properly.. the label are left set.. and the quotes are right set.. have the Detailed Quotes work the same way...

Comment

Originally posted by tradermars
          This a.m... the font size for the clock time at the bottom of the charts was not the same size as the quote size..

Something was done by eSignal between monday night and tuesday morning.. to have cause this to change..

I have just spend over one hour trying to figure how to get the font size back.. with no success..

The font size used to.. work with the quote font size.. until this a.m.. now there this a very small font..

Oh well.. can leave something alone..

What happened here ? ? ? ?

While am at it.. how about having the quoting in the Detailed Quote section.. lining up from the right hand side.. that way the quotes will line up.. the label are left hand set.. need to set the quotes to the right side..

the quotes for the HotList work properly.. the label are left set.. and the quotes are right set.. have the Detailed Quotes work the same way...
          if i change the font size - it is changed for quote and time.

and

try: "display properties" - "detailed quote" - "right align values".

Comment

freestyle

thanks for the info on detailed quote section...

but the time at the bottom of the charts still does not change..

the charts are a different display menu than the the detailed quotes are..

Comment

Originally posted by tradermars
              freestyle

thanks for the info on detailed quote section...

but the time at the bottom of the charts still does not change..

the charts are a different display menu than the the detailed quotes are..
              ok - so the one thing in the detailed quote window (right align) now works für you?

and the other thing with the font size in the time axis:

have you tried to right click (time or price axis) it - "display properties" - "text & colors" - "font":

if i change font size there - it is being changed for time and price axis.

Comment

yes.. I have played with the charts display properties.. text / font size

the price axis font changes.. but the time axis does not..
                use too.. but not since yesterday morning..

played around last evening for about an hour.. no luck in finding out what I need to do..

Comment

When manipulating font size and characteristics like Bold and how it affects different parts of the chart like the
                  chart header
                  chart footer
                  date-time x-axis
                  price label y-axis
                  I am seeing inconsistent results which I'll report to project management.

From the Chart Display Properties Window...
                  In the Text & Colors Section ...

The Font properties have both "Scales and Headers" grouped, yet it's possible to have different font sizes and bold vs unbold (or mix thereof) for those different aspects of the chart.

Those areas would either have to have separated settings or made uniform such that a change would affect both Scale settings and Header Settings.

Comment

tradermars if you haven't already changed the default chart.

You could right click, and go to Defaults and choose "Apply Default Properties to the Chart" which may get you back to the original chart settings.

The current version of LC 3.0 that's available to the public hasn't changed since Jan 17th (per my java console), but I do see some inconsistent results that seem to get more "confused" as I try to apply more and more changes to size/bold/italics etc.

Comment

the Apply Default Properties to the Chart didn't change anything..

but chart display properties... text/colour.. did have an effect..

when I selected the bold.. the price and time axis did bold.. and the time axis did become the font size..

then.. when I unbolded.. the price axis unbolded.. but the time axis stayed bolded.. and it did not unbold when trying different fonts..

at least I have the size back.. seems to be an issue in that area..

Comment

I've reported this issue to QA and Project Management

Some observations...
                        The X-axis doesn't change properly when trying to remove bold or changing font size.

I'm able to change the X-Axis font size by toggling on/off either Bold or Italics. However the X-axis will then lag with changes to Bold or Italics such that at larger font sizes like 16-pt, you may not be able to get the text to be completely Plain (i.e., without Bold or Italics).

I noticed if you use/prefer a small font like 10-pt (which programs often can't display in bold, and LC 3.0 currently is no different), then you can toggle Bold to fix the display. Thus all the fields will be in 10 pt font, and not bold, though it can be in Italics.

If you have a footer (outside of selecting a smaller font like 10-pt) the Data in the footer remains Bold even if if the Field Descriptions like "Time:" maybe in Plain font.

Comment

you're on the right track..

I use size 14.. and it stays bolded.. wish there was a 15 in size.. 16 is bit on the large size for me..

that issue was not there until tuesday morning.. could change the font size.. and both axis changed..

Comment

Ok.. I think I've got it figured out for the chart display font..

When I use anyother font than SansSerif.. the price and time axis font change does not work properly..

It would seem that when using SansSerif font.. the price and time axis change well.. so do the bold..

So the programers worked in that font.. and asume it work with the other fonts.. ? ? ?

I'm back to where I want to be.. will stop playing with the fonts.. and.. if only it was possible to have a 15 size font.. that would just great..

Hope.. ! ! !

Comment

Working...
                            X