Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Day Gain/Loss

Hi there,

I am just playing around with the different default scans on Market Screener Plus and I`ve noticed that when I choose the 4 day gain I still get some stocks making losses in the results and vice versa when I select the 4 day loss scan.
    Does anyone have some suggestions for how I could clean up these scans to be accurate?

Regards,

moz81

moz81
    You may want to provide an example (and also some more information) so that others can try to replicate and [possibly] help
    Alex

Originally posted by moz81 View Post
    Hi there,

I am just playing around with the different default scans on Market Screener Plus and I`ve noticed that when I choose the 4 day gain I still get some stocks making losses in the results and vice versa when I select the 4 day loss scan.
    Does anyone have some suggestions for how I could clean up these scans to be accurate?

Regards,

moz81

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Market screener plus 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	243001Click image for larger version

Name:	Market screener plus 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	243002

Here is an example of the default settings for the scan and a sample of the results.

Comment

moz81
        Which of the symbols returned is not correct in your opinion? You may want to post a chart of one of them as an example and illustrate where you think it is incorrect
        FWIW I created a simple formula (see following screenshot)

that replicates the filter and colors the background in yellow if true and applied it to the Market Screener results and all the symbols appear to be correct as far as I can tell (see screenshot enclosed below)
        Note that the filter does not take into consideration the current (ie most recent bar) which I suspect you are looking at to determine the validity of the symbols returned by the scan
        Alex

[ATTACH]16783[/ATTACH][ATTACH]16784[/ATTACH]

Here is an example of the default settings for the scan and a sample of the results.

Comment

Thanks for your help Alex, I`ve played around with Market Screener Plus a bit more tonight and have solved part of my problem, I guess I should learn more about EFS.

Comment

moz81
            You are welcome
            Alex

Thanks for your help Alex, I`ve played around with Market Screener Plus a bit more tonight and have solved part of my problem, I guess I should learn more about EFS.

Comment

Working...
            X