My experiences so far...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experiences so far...

I have been trying MarketCenter with streaming charts for a week and have to say the reliability is far from acceptable.

It has been necessary to restart it many times a day,here are some of the problems I have experienced

1. prices "jump" ..Example from $2.90 to $290.00
    2. Acc/Dist failes to update in real time it is necessary to change time interval
    3.Same with ADX
    4. Real time information just stops.

I have gone thru the "live" tech support, MC is not supported via tech phone number, which I discovered after waiting on hold.
    Their suggestion was to "flush" out all the IE temp,off line etc. files..........which did not work, restarting was the only option

W2k SP3, cable modem, 768 ram, Java 1.4.4_03

Anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you in advance

Hi retlaw,

Can you give me the symbol you're watching that is jumping as you describe?

I can confirm the problem with the studies not updating ( doing the same for RSI as well ) and I'll report that to engineering to investigate.

On your last point, are you saying both the quote screen and the chart stop updating? Do some symbols keep working or is it always all or nothing? I have yet to notice the updates stop flowing so do you have any utilities on your end to make sure that it's not an ISP issue?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
      Hi retlaw,

Can you give me the symbol you're watching that is jumping as you describe?

Since Monday, at various times
      Qcom
      Noof
      Kmx
      Vtiv
      Sina
      Latd
      Too
      Today :Too, Qcom and Kmx showed exactly $100.00 more per share, all the other stocks were correct, the MC "screen" goes black very quickly then comes back on with the wrong quotes.

I can confirm the problem with the studies not updating ( doing the same for RSI as well ) and I'll report that to engineering to investigate.

On your last point, are you saying both the quote screen and the chart stop updating? Do some symbols keep working or is it always all or nothing? I have yet to notice the updates stop flowing so do you have any utilities on your end to make sure that it's not an ISP issue?

I can download email, surf the web and use windows update, I have tried all of these while MC is still open I am not sure it is an ISP problem, I do not have this problem with other real time data, and yes everything stops.
      Thank you

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks. I'll watch a few of those tomorrow and see if I can reproduce.

Comment

I have not seen the problem today but I haven learned that others have seen what you're reporting as well. It's pretty sporadic as far as we can tell but it does seem to be a problem with the base code changing as we get a price 3 and 4 places out past the decimal point. It's under investigation and will hopefully be corrected soon.

Thanks.

Comment

FYI, we have found a possible solution for this, and it is currently being tested. We plan on releasing the fix as soon as possible.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Re: My experiences so far...

The decimal problem was resolved last weekend so if you're seeing any "jumping" or expanding of the decimal place, please let us know. We also have a fix for certain studies not updating in RT and that is in testing. Hopefully, we'll get that implemented soon.

Otherwise, is the service performing any better for you?

Thanks.

Originally posted by retlaw

1. prices "jump" ..Example from $2.90 to $290.00
              2. Acc/Dist failes to update in real time it is necessary to change time interval
              3.Same with ADX
              4. Real time information just stops.

Thank you in advance

Comment

Fix ready yet?

Just wondering if the fix for certain studies not updating in rt is ready yet?

Comment

Hi Retlaw,

I'm not up on this problem as it was handled by some of the others, so it'll take me some time to research this. What I wanted to know is if you are still experiencing the problems?

Thanks,
                  Andy

Comment

Fixed yet?

Still waiting to hear if my original posted problem has been repaired yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X