Data Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Manager

I see Market Center is a java based internet solution for quotes. That means it does NOT use "Data Manager"?

If it does use Data Manager, does this mean it can be used for data streaming into Metastock?

Bob
    RTS Trading

MC not for third parties.

Hi Bob,

No, Marketcenter does not have the Data Manager. This means a lot of work happens on the server level to keep the MC applet ultra thin. So no third party applications can run with MC - its a closed system.
    Chuck
    @eSignal

Comment

Data Manager

Thanks Chuck,

I have little use for my esignal equities other than supplying data flow into my Metastock program.

I would like to see a subscription that would allow for data flow only for 3rd party programs.

Thanks for any consideration of this alternative.

Bob
      RTS Trading

Comment

eSignal Basic

Bob,

That is why we created the eSignal Basic package. It is lower cost yet still provides data to third parties and has been a hit with Metastock, Tradestation 2000i, and Ensign users.
        Chuck
        @eSignal

Comment

Basic Package

Yes, that would almost fit...but I need the CME emini futures AND the CBOT mini, YM futures index which it appears is not available.

Bob
          RTS Trading

Comment

Hi Bob,

You actually can add the CBOT "mini" contracts to an eSignal Basic service plan. After your post, we checked our pricing site and we did see that we had some conflicting notices regarding the CBOT minis so we'll get those in sync this week but they definitely are included as a part of the eSignal Basic service plan.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you Scott!

"Choice of equities, indices, CME E-Minis and CBOT Mini-Sized Futures. Unlimited number of symbols, viewing 50 at a time; standard charting only; choice of NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ Level I exchanges only, plus the S&P Cash Indexes; does not include European exchanges. Mix and Match not available."

I see it has been updated to correct this... What does the "Mix and Match not available. Does this mean if I have the eminis data flowing I cannot get stocks?

What about single stock futures...are those available? What subscription is required for those?

Bob
              RTS Trading

Comment

Bob
                Mix and Match is meant as the combination of Real Time and Delayed.
                Alex

Comment

Single Stock Futures are available on the eSignal Futures subscription or higher. They are not available on the eSignal Equities Basic package.
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

In checking my eSignal Equities subscription, I see that SSF are available as an add-on:

OneChicago Exchange
                    Single stock futures (SSF) $1.00
                    ($12.00 if Annual Prepay Subscription Plan selected)

Is this not correct?

Bob
                    RTS Trading

Comment

My apologies. SSF's is also available on eSignal Equities. (I doubled checked this time ).

Sorry about that.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                      X