Disapperaring Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disapperaring Chart

I am again today experiencing the problem where the streaming chart "disappears" as soon as you try to create it from the MC price display. It you right click the chart icon in the XP Toolbar and select maximise you get a maximised chart taking up your whole screen. If you click on the "resize" button next to the top right hand corner, the chart "disappears" completely as it does with the "minimise" button and returns to the taskbar. Thus the streaming chart is unusable. This is occuring on UK FTSE charts since the US is not yet open. It has not happened previously this week although it happened several times last week especially when unable to display UK data

I have reported this problem before as I have seen others do so on this board. Any chance you might be producing a fix sometime soon?

Rob

Exactly the same problem as yesterday. Streaming charts can only be displayed in full screen mode - making them totally unusable, they cannot be displayed at the normal "partial" screen size.

Any progress on this one please?

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

If you wish to try another symbol that is traded early in our (UK) morning, please try the DAX index symbol: $DAXI

Try to do the following

Right Click on the MarketCenter Streaming Chart Taskbar Button and click Maximize
      Right Click again and Click Restore
      If the chart disappears, please log out from MarketCenter and then log in again.

Please let us know if that helps.

Comment

No, exactly the same problems with $DAXI even after logging out and re-logging on.

Yesterday afternoon I had exactly the same problems with a couple of US stocks and indices I looked at so this problem is not restricted to UK stocks although that is where the problem seems to start - but then I look at UK stocks first thing in the morning and when the problem occurs, it never goes away during the day even with logoffs and re-logons.

Rob

Comment

Rob, What Java plug-in do you have installed?

To get the latest Java plug-in, please use the Sun Java Download at:
          http://java.sun.com/getjava/

Comment

I use java in various other financial and other applications running on my pc during the day. As far as I know it is the latest Sun java as I have been through this before but you will appreciate I am not prepared to reinstall that during the day in case things go wrong .

This problem with MC and streaming charts does not happen every day yet the same applications are always running on this pc during the day and always started up in the same sequence but I will try your suggestion overnight after taking a full backup - I never completely trust these sort of reinstalls .

Rob

Comment

At the same time, I will liaising with our enginnering and QA dept. and I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Rob,

Can you tell me your username (your can PM if your want).

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks Rob,

Please log off and log in again and let me know if this fixed it.
                  Last edited by MarwanAC; 08-24-2003, 04:40 AM.

Comment

That's fixed it ! What did you do? Anything I should know about for a possibe future occurrence?

Rob

Comment

When I opened it was minimised and the chart was not appearing on the screen, all I did is I maximised the chart and then closed it, after that I opened a new chart by clicking on the Streaming Chart (blue button), and the new chart came normal.

Thanks,

Comment

Well, I assure you I thought I had tried that but maybe because of the problem I did not close the chart before logging off. I'll always remember now to close the chart before logging off in future.

Isn't this something though you should be able to correct in the program itself because I have seen other people report the same problem on here before?

Rob

Comment

I am glad that everything is ok. it is advisable to close the chart before the log off.

Comment

Working...
                          X