Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Center Freezing

Hi,
    I subscribed to Market Center yesterday, on first use everything worked just fine, but when I tried to access it a couple of hours later I got the following problem.

The mouse and system freezes up intermittently every 8 seconds.

I tried switching off my Zone Alarm Firewall but still no luck, I also downloaded the latest version of Java from Sun, still no improvement, I would appreciate and help or ideas.

Thanks

J

satforce,

In order to troubleshoot this further, we would need the Sun Java Console output. From IE, click on Tools, then Sun Java Console. Then close and restart Market Center (keeping the Java Console open). Once the freezing condition arises again, please copy and PM or email me all the contents of the console.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks satforce for the PM. The console output looks fine. I'll hit up our developers to see if they have any ideas.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

The developers believe there is something local happening on the PC (local as in not in the internet, network or our servers.) Their recommendation is to close all browsers, and start with a fresh one. Other things that you can try is a reboot, close all unnecessary applications upon Windows starting up, then launch MarketCenter.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Follow Up!!!!!

Hi,

Just a follow up in-case it helps anyone else who has had the same problem.

I use a Netgear network card, but the XP drivers for the Netgear cards are not the best, so I downloaded the official driver (which is unsigned) and after installing, Market Center works fine.

Round up.

Problem:
          Mouse was freezing every 10 seconds, no data.

Solution:
          Replace Netgear XP drivers with the Unsigned official drivers.

Hope this helps.

Jay (satforce)

Comment

That's great that you found a solution and we really appreciate you taking the time to update us. Some of these problems can be real head-scratchers for us in Tech Support so when the underlying causes are uncovered, it gives us that much more information to go on in the future.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X