Confusion with Market Center Columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion with Market Center Columns

I've just started to use Market Center (to monitor FTSE stocks)and when I first started to use the tool I was very impressed. However after using it for a bit I have a few questions/doubts .......

- How do you display the mid price of a stock? The change and ChgPct fields are the difference between the last and previous trades. Now if one was a buy and one was a sell then it will show you the change between the two - whats the point in that ?? Of course there is going to be a difference. I would like to know the change on the day.

- I'm also using the Profit and Loss column. But this uses the last trade to calculate the figure which I don't understand. Surely it should use the Bid price if the trade is Long and Ask price if the trade is short?

-In the FAQs it states that there is a previous close field. How can I access this field?

Hope someone can help me out with these questions

many thanks
    ProperBow

DavidBowley

How do you display the mid price of a stock?
    I don't believe that Field is available

The change and ChgPct fields are the difference between the last and previous trades
    Change is the difference between the Last price and yesterday's Close. ChgPct is the same expressed in percentage

I would like to know the change on the day
    Right click on the heading row, Insert a column, then right click the heading again and select Fields->Change Today.

In the FAQs it states that there is a previous close field. How can I access this field?
    Repeat the same process as above to insert a column and then Fields->Previous. This will give you the previous day's close.

Hope this helps

Alex

Comment

Alexis, thanks for the reply.

I'm using mc to monitor uk equities and warrants, but I'm finding the data supplied to be wrong when comparing it to other sites such as advfn.com, iii.co.uk or moneyam.com (these all tie up).

Also, the warrants feeds, especially the opening and previous close prices are miles out when looking at the websites of the warrant issuers (e.g. sg warrants etc). Have you any idea the reason for this?

Still confused why all the profit and loss and difference fields are calculated using the value of the last trade, surely this should be the mid price or the bid/ask.

Comments appreciated.
      ProperBow

Comment

Are you subscribed to real-time or delayed. In case you were not already aware, you need to add each exchange to your subscription in order to receive real-time for that exchange. This is because each exchange charges a monthly fee to receive real-time data for symbols listed on their exchange. I suspect the differences you are seeing are because either you are comparing delayed data to real-time or real-time data to delayed.

Profit/Loss based from Bid/Ask can be done through our stand-alone software package, eSignal. Net Change from Bid/Ask or the Bid/Ask mid-point cannot be done in either application at this point, but in a future version of eSignal this should be able to be done.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

JayF, thanks for the reply.

The observations I make are actually when the LSE is closed. Just compared the data on market centre with all the other financial websites, and the data supplied by mc is sometimes different (especially for covered warrants).

Covered Warrant data (especially the opening and previous close prices) are miles out when looking at the websites of the warrant issuers (e.g. sg warrants etc).
          ProperBow

Comment

Working...
          X