NYMEX Data Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYMEX Data Problem

The all sessions chart of NG06J has data spikes at 19:00 and 19:01 on 3/14/06. These spikes render the intra-day charts unreadable. The problem is related to a misplaced decimal. This problem has been recurring for the past 18 months on NYMEX and COMEX symbols. QCharts has claimed for the past 5-6 months that the fix was in the process of being rolled out to the various servers. Apparently, they were misinformed.

To eSignal: This is a significant problem that I hope will receive priority attention. In the meantime, PLEASE CORRECT THE DATA.

Brian Schultz
    Brian

New Problems with NYMEX NG06J

The problem on 3/14/06 which I highlighted in my initial post has now been repeated on 3/15/06. So, QCharts has not only ignored the first problem but allowed a second occurrence.

Brian Schultz

Last edited by bpschultz; 03-16-2006, 06:08 AM.
    Brian

Comment

Image of the NYMEX NG06J Problem

Does the attached chart look useful to anyone?

Brian Schultz

Brian

Comment

Brian
        While you may be able to view the image on your screen [because it is stored locally on your computer] it is not visible to others (see screenshot of your post).

In order to in-line an image this needs to be stored on a web location and its URL used in the [ IMG ] tags.
        For this purpose I have created a Qcharts group in File Sharing which can be used by everyone as a repository of in-line images for this forum.
        If you prefer you can also create your own group in File Share. User name and password are the same as those used to log in the Bulletin Board
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Comment

Thank You

Alex,

Thanks for the instructions. I was having problems figuring out how to post the image.

Brian
          Brian

Comment

Brian
            My pleasure
            Alex

Comment

More Problems with NG06J

Please note that for the front month nat gas futures (symbol: ng06j) there are bad ticks from 23:45 on 3/20/06 through 2:15 on 3/21/06 due to continued problems with decimal placement.

Brian Schultz
              Brian

Comment

Decimal Problems with cl06m

Please note that for the June WTI crude oil futures (symbol: cl06m) there are bad ticks from 00:15 through 2:15 on 3/21/06 due to continued problems with decimal placement. There are also bad ticks beginning at 19:15 on 3/21/06

Brian Schultz
                Brian

Comment

More Bad Ticks for ng06j

Please note that for the front month nat gas futures (symbol: ng06j) there are a fresh batch of bad ticks beginning at 18:45 on 3/21/06 due to continued problems with decimal placement.

Brian Schultz
                  Brian

Comment

Hello Brian,

I have sent you a Private Message regarding these contracts. Please respond via PM at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

Comment

Thank You

Just wanted to say thanks for correcting all of the bad ticks. It was handled much more quickly than in the past. I hope that you're able to isolate the source of the error so that the problem doesn't recur.
                      Brian

Comment

New decimal problems from 3/27/06 - 3/30/06

The decimal problem continues today in cl06m, which shows a daily high of 677,200. There are bad ticks beginning around 7:15 on 3/30/06 in the overnight (all sessions) trading.

In addition, the bad ticks from the overnight (all sessions) trading on 3/27/06 and 3/28/06 which had been previously corrected have now reappeared!!!! Why would this be allowed to happen?
                        Last edited by bpschultz; 03-30-2006, 09:35 AM.
                        Brian

Comment

March 30th Problems Not Corrected

Please note that the decimal problems reported last Thursday on March 30th have not been corrected. Please fix the problems ASAP. Thank you.
                          Brian

Comment

COMEX Decimal Problem

The decimal is now misplaced on the COMEX. This problem has been recurring for at least 18 months.

The front month gold future, gc06m, has bad ticks beginning at 20:00 on 4/3/06. Be sure to use an all sessions chart to "see" the problem.
                            Brian

Comment

Same Problem for si06k

The front month silver futures, si06k, have the same problem as the gold futures referenced in my previous post. The start time for bad ticks is 20:15.

Come on people, this is ridiculous!!!
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X