QCharts Features - Trade Rate Hot List & Breadthalizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts Features - Trade Rate Hot List & Breadthalizers

It is truly a great time when a software as intuitive and powerful as QCharts is paired with the business experience of eSignal/IDC. eSignal has been at the helm of a very successful business of supplying real-time, global market data for over 20 years, and it has a very solid history of reliable service and up-time. I am so thrilled at the potential that this pairing will bring.

Here's a quick look at two features that I have found very unique.

Trade Rate Hot List - Allows the trader to quickly ascertain what is moving right now. Put that along with a few Quote Sheet Indicators and you can tell where a stock is versus it's VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price) and how the Vol@Ask/Vol@Bid is fairing.

Breadthlizer Statistic Symbols - The sheer uniqueness of these symbols is often difficult to fully appreciate. Being able to look at the breadth of a particular market (NASDAQ in this case) with just a handful of symbols is a thing a beauty. For instance where else can you find out...

- What percentage of NASDAQ, NYSE, DJIA stocks are trading above their VWAP?
    - How many block trades were at the Ask? at the Bid?
    - How many block trades were on the up-tick? on the down-tick?

Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

HotLists imported into QuoteSheets

I use the TradeRate HotList and to a lesser extent the Very Short Term Up/Down Hostlists all the time, and is the main unique feature that keeps me using QCharts. (Other reason being the well designed UI).

The one problem I have when I import HotList symbols into a QuoteSheet, is that there is no Field for the HotList main metric, e.g. Trade Rate, Short Term Up %, etc.

So, I can import a HotList into a QuoteSheet which lets me add any other field I want as a new column, but I lose the main metric of the HotList.

If you are going to enhance the UI, please consider adding this.

Also, I really liked some of the features that ErlangerQuote added to QCharts, esp. the customization of the QuoteSheets with custom indicators.

Comment

Thanks limejuice for the feedback on Hot Lists. I agree that having the qualifying column in an imported Hot List would be quite beneficial. I'll send this over along with your suggestion of implementing customizable Quote Window fields. If you have any other suggestions on ways we could improve QCharts, please send it to [email protected]
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Thats a cool use for the trade rate feature. I am not real sure how to use VWAP. Can someone elaborate on that one?
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X