slow chart fills...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow chart fills...

I seem to be getting slow chart fills and more problem servers again, especially as market volume has picked up. Have to hop around looking for a good server several times a day. This has not been a problem for several weeks. Hope it is not a bad omen.
    Anyone have a tip for best servers for both eminis and stocks?

Hard one to answer, since the mix of good's vs bad's varies over time. As a fwiw, I have for quite some time avoided Miami's 12-18 and Mia-3. But, alas, on any given day, ya just can't state anything as cast in concrete.

Having one's system configured for UDP communication is helpful. The ctrl-alt-N display will then show useful numbers in the Ping-Load column that can provide a clue as to whazzup with server loads. Click THIS for a previous post on finding best server. The ctrl-alt-n display info is at the bottom of the post as the last subject, after the cpu pegging and I'net path problem subjects.

Yesterday my most favorite that I consistently hook up with as my initial connection, and run and run ok for the most part day in and out, had a bad hair day. Had to do a switch (after waiting a while, looking for the normal quick return to lickety-split). Switched for the first time in a very long time.

I've noticed an elevated incident of servers having bad hair days the last couple of days. I also hope this isn't a bad omen, just perhaps a rebalancing or configuration or something thingy that's temporary.

LAM
    Sisyphus was a DayTrader

Comment

Today only five servers appear on control alt N anyone know whats up with the servers? Odd problem I haven't seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by doctoroe
        Today only five servers appear on control alt N anyone know whats up with the servers? Odd problem I haven't seen in a long time.
        The servers are not enabled to download the full server list ( continuumclient.INI).
        Somehow you must have deleted your local CC.INI.
        The short list you see are the servers hardwired into QCharts to use in the event of no CC.INI.
        QFAI avoids server list problems.
        At this link, in addition to QFAI info, is an emergency full CC.INI for non-QFAI users.
        http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/QFAI/index.htm
        Exit QCharts, install the full CC.INI, restart.

LAM

Comment

Thanks Larry. I don't know what happened to the old cc.ini but that worked. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X