X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems Viewing the QCharts Download Page

I have had touble in the recent past seeing the

http://www.quote.com/qcdownload

page. I get a "You are not authorized to view this page". However, if I ask for a specific file in that directory like:

http://www.quote.com/qcdownload/ActiveSymbols.zip

there is no problem. I have just completed a test with many users trying to read the directory - most read it properly but quite a few did not. My ISP says this is a Quote.com issue. Could someone at eSignal/Quote.com please take a look and fix the problem?

Thanks,

~Bob

Hi Bob,

I've tried on a few machines and can see the page no problem. Did your ISP indicate what they thought the problem was so I can point our Network people in a particular direction?

Thanks.

Comment

I was able to see the "link" on both a Win98se and WinXP machine without any problem. Could the level of Qcharts service have anything to do with access to the link? I have qcharts "plus" level of service.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
        Hi Bob,

I've tried on a few machines and can see the page no problem. Did your ISP indicate what they thought the problem was so I can point our Network people in a particular direction?

Thanks.
        No there was no indicated problems expcept possible access allowances. This problem seems to come and go lately. Of the number of tests I conducted on the Yahoo Groups forum, there were about 9 that saw the page without problem and 5 that had problems seeing the page. I originally thought it was my router/switch so I bought a new one and things have neen fine until lately. THE IE error is HTTP Error 403.

~Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

Looks like one of the Network folks figured it out. 2 of the 8 front end servers were not allowing browsing by directory so users had a 25% chance of getting the error. All fixed now.

Thanks for the heads-up. It's not clear why these two servers suddenly had settings changed. That part is still under review.

Comment

Thanks Scott,

I have confirmed there is no problem here now. Thanks to all. Prior to this time the problem most likely would never have been solved. I'm a "Happy Camper".

~Bob

Comment

I think everyone should rejoice and be thankful that QCharts is under new ownership!!!!

I brought up a "quirky" problem about some folks - me included - not being able to read the QCharts download directory page. That was yesterday afternoon and this morning Scott Johnson posted a message on the eSignal board that their network folks had found a setup problem on some of the servers. The reading problem no longer exists for me and I would bet no others have the problem.

Thanks very much Scott!! We are not accustomed to this type of immediate response.

Thank you all for your testing efforts!!

Best regards,

~Bob Scott

Comment

If Microsoft IIS servers are being used, there could be issues with file ownership and/or propagation of access rights down through the directory tree. My guess would be file ownership issues, particularly if there is more than one account with "Administrator" privileges on these servers, and these accounts are used interchangeably to do file and directory structure changes.

BTW, let me add my thanks to the eSignal team for investigating and resolving this issue fairly quickly.

-Dan Cash

Comment

We appreciate the kind words.

The current QC Support staff worked under some pretty difficult circumstances and wasn't always able to deliver the level of support they wanted. We have high service standards across eSignal and welcome the opportunity to improve service for the entire Quote.com community.

Many more good things to come.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X