Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional QCharts Update Requirements

Scott,

I fully realize that the prior QCharts owner was trying to realize as much profit as possible and was cutting the support staff to bare bones and I'm sure there are many issues that need to addressed. However, one issue is the CorpActs.INF (Splits file). As a courtesy to loyal QCharts subscribers, I have been maintaining an override file (CorpActs.UNF - thank you Mike for allowing an override file) that I believe is fairly accurate and I would like to see the CorpActs.INF brought up to that level. The current CorpActs.INF includes no BB entries since October 2005 and even though I don't trade BB stocks I have included the BB splits for QCharts users may follow those stocks. The differences between the CorpActs,INF and CorpActs.UNF indicates that at least 60 changes need to be made to the CorpActs.INF if BB stocks are not included and about 600 changes if BB stocks are included. I would like to see the CorpActs.INF representative of the actual changes that have occurred.

Best regards,

~Bob Scott

Hi Bob,

I certainly agree that the company-provided file should be considered the most accurate "master" for all to use. I'm not yet familiar with how that file gets updated internally but we are in the process of reviewing all these processes so we'll get our hands around this file at some point.

From an eSignal perspective, we always look to automate processes like this one and we source our Corp Actions data from an internal, and highly regarded, IDC source. We likely will look into how this file could be automated using this same source.

It's great you took the initiative to keep that file current on your own and hopefully we can take that responsibility off your plate sooner than later.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X