QFAI Password Save ID&PW.INI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QFAI Password Save ID&PW.INI

I noticed that there is an option in QFAI (Application Selector button "Additional Selections") that says "Disable Password Save" but when I untick this box, the password it supplies to QCharts is incorrect. When I edit the text file manually, it stops filling in my user id or password for qcharts. I presume it is encrypted in the ini file?

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I don't mind entering a password, but it would be nice to let QFAI do it for me if it would work.

I am not complaining though, I love what QFAI has done for me in terms of speed and integrity of prices for splits and market hours. If it is a bug, no worries, I can easily live with this one!

t

TraderTom,

For some unknown reason, not all QCharts passwords encrypt properly. This is a QCharts problem and not a QFAI problem. If unticking the "Disable Password Save" does not allow the proper password logon after an initial proper password entry then you may have to change passwords to find one that encrypts properly. This does not happen very often but sometimes it does.

BTW, you should not have to edit the ContinuumClient.ini file. All you need to do is Untick the "Disable Password Save" and then Logon using your proper login name and password and the rest should be automatic.

~Bob
    Last edited by bobscott; 04-22-2006, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Oh well, no worries

It must be my password is not encryptable correctly then. It is not that big a deal... I'll keep entering the password as I always have.

If anyone can tell me what to avoid in a password that allows this (mine contains numbers and letters), let me know. Maybe I will change it if there is something that will allow saving the password.

Thanks
      T

Comment

TraderTom,

I think it is just the "luck of the draw" - just try another password. My password contains six lowercase letters and 4 numbers and it works fine. Maybe you are trying UpperCase/LowerCase - it is all a mystery to me and I have had a few passwords fail but most are just fine.

~Bob

Comment

Working...
        X