Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Forums vs a Yahoo format

Hi all,

Eventually, we'd like to steer users to utilize this eSignal Central Forum for QCharts vs continuing to use the QC Yahoo group. For us (eSignal), it makes it easier to centralize support and helps us focus and prioritize outstanding issues. For users, we think it provides a better place to take advantage of the entire range of topics presented here and gives more direct interaction with eSignal Engineers, Mgmt, etc.

We realize that each type of forum has strengths and weaknesses. We're lookiing for feedback on what people like about the Yahoo format (or specific QC group) vs this Forums' format.

Please post your thoughts on this thread.

Thanks!!

Yahoo! Strengths

I'm not terribly familiar with the capabilities of the eSignal bulletin boards, so I don't know if it's possible for users to store files on the site for the convenience of others who may wish to download them. There is a nice resource base at Yahoo! that I would like to see retained and made available at the eSignal site.
    Brian

Comment

Hi Brian,

Yes, we have a File Share area that users can store files publicly or privately. You can even publish right from the eSignal application so we may be able to add that functionailty to QC at some point. Check our the "File Sharing" area here on Central.

Thanks.

Comment

Brian
        I created a Qcharts group in FileShare for all to use. You can find it here
        Alex

Comment

QCharts File Share

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Brian
          I created a Qcharts group in FileShare for all to use. ~Alex
          Is there any way that type of public Group can have sub-folders? For example, to put up a Folder (with it's files) from QCharts YahooGroups Files area.

Thanks,

LAM

Comment

Larry
            If you let me know the folder names I can add them
            Alex

Comment

QCharts File Share

Thanks Alex.

Think I see what's up now. You being the creator have the admin priviledges on that group and have the Manage folders, etc stuff in your view of that group, like the controls I see in the group I created for myself.

Thanks again,

LAM

Comment

Larry
                That is correct. Anyhow if you have any suggestions on a general sub-folder structure I will be happy to implement them since the group is for all to share
                Alex

Comment

QCharts File Share

Alex,
                  Nothing of a global nature that would serve all comes to mind at the moment. You may wish to consider incorporating into the Group Description some words about contacting you if a user desires a Folder be created that's subject specific involving multiple files.
                  LAM

Comment

Working...
                  X