Setting the order of posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting the order of posts

Is there a way to see the posts oldest first? It is different from other forums I belong to where the initial post is at the top and they go down in order of the post. I find it easier to follow them that way. Otherwise, I have to scroll to the bottom and read up (I know - what a hardship!).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke

Jim
    The option to set the order of the posts is not available in this Bulletin Board at this time.
    You can however view a thread with the oldest post first by clicking the Show Printable Version link at the bottom of each page.
    Alex

Comment

Hi Jim,

This came up a few times when we first launched these forums. As far as I know, there's no way for the user to override the global setting. We are a few weeks away from an upgrade and I'm hoping the upgraded version allows for user preferences in terms of the order that the posts appear.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Scott and Alexis!
        When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
        -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
          Hi Jim,

This came up a few times when we first launched these forums. As far as I know, there's no way for the user to override the global setting. We are a few weeks away from an upgrade and I'm hoping the upgraded version allows for user preferences in terms of the order that the posts appear.

Thanks.
          I take it that it did not get implemented in the new upgrade.
          Seriously, I just counted the number of forums I belong to. Total of 13 and each and every one of them displays posts in the "correct" way from the get go or allows the user to change the settings.

Any upgrades coming in the future?

Comment

So..... Any plans to address this?

Comment

The delay in upgrading these forums is that we integrated them with our proprietary File Share site several years back and we can't upgrade until we separate them again. Separating them has turned out to be a much trickier task than we expected.

We have resumed our efforts recently though so hopefully we can upgrade the forums at some point this year.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X