Key of Day (KOD) Quote Sheet Field Calculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key of Day (KOD) Quote Sheet Field Calculation

Could someone verify and/or correct the KB QuoteSheet Field Definition information for the KOD calculation. According the the KB the calculation is "( Open + High + Low ) / 3".

I have the field selected in a quote sheet for the symbol TZOO.
    The TZOO 06/15/06 EOD values are:
    Open = 26.0000
    High = 28.1500
    Low = 26.000

Hence the KOD ahould be = 80.15 / 3 = 26.71667

HOWEVER the quote sheet value is = 0.70

Help! What it the correct calculation? OR is the field incorrectly programed?

Thanks In Advance for the help.
    Dennis

Dennis
    The equation for the Key of Day is
    Last - ((Open+High+Low)/3)
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis, I appreciate your concentious and rapid reply.

If I may take a moment more of your time. I was looking at the "QCharts marketing" documentation" today at

http://www.quote.com/home/qcharts/de...?option=new-v4

and ran across the correct formula.

Since you are a moderator can you forward the fact the the KB/Help info is incorrect, the marketing info is corect, and request that the former be corrected?

Colud you also forward the following concern?

Having been a technologist for 20 Yrs, it is hard for me to forgive a technical error. However, the fact that the marketing info is correct is truly is even more of an insult. The marketing folks know more that the technical writing staff? Shame on the tech writing staff & the technologist that reviewed the KB/Help. Now that eSignal has aquired Qcharts I look forward to a QUALITY improvement. Complete Product Quality is the ONLY lasting measure of greatness. Without it users will retreat from the product without hesatation.

Thanks for reading my posts,
      Best Regards,
      Dennis

Comment

Hello Dennis,

We'll get the technical documentation corrected as soon as possible. We're currently in transition of the Web Help from the help.quote.com site, to a Quote.com KnowledgeBase portal (similar to eSignal's,) to make it easier and faster for future documentation updates and releases.

Thanks to Alex as well!
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X