Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Input - QChart Enhancements

Scott J, Jay F, et.al.

Is this an appropriate forum (no pun intended) to list enhancements that the user community would like to see implemented?

My business/technical experience has been that the users are the best to guage the validity, effectiveness and appropriate ness of changes to the product. They are uniquely qualified to expound on the enhancements that would be best implemented.

In that regard I would like to offer an item for your list.

Candle Stick Pattern Recognition.

Best Regards and Best of Luck,

dfmccarty,

Thanks for the great post. I agree with you wholeheartedly that our users are one of the best groups to provide us actionable feedback on our products. The forums are a great place for this as all parties can comment on any suggestions posted (i.e. other users, company employees, etc.) We also have instituted a open-door policy for any feedback for our products that goes directly to the desks of our Product Managers. Below is a list of email addresses for that purpose.

ideas [at] mail.esignal.com (eSignal)
    qcideas [at] mail.esignal.com (QCharts)
    getideas [at] mail.esignal.com (Advanced GET)
    wsfeedback [at] mail.esignal.com (FutureSource)
    trading [at] mail.esignal.com (Integrated Trading)
    quotrek [at] mail.esignal.com (Quotrek)

Regarding your specific suggestion for pattern recognition, we already have a product best positioned for this purpose (i.e. eSignal) With it's built-in programming language, EFS (eSignal Formula Script,) a number of 3rd parties have created candlestick pattern recognition plug-ins. Below is a few of these companies.

http://www.ment.com/ESModsI.htm
    http://www.sr-analyst.com/studies.htm

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay:

Thanks to you and everyone at esignal for your willingness to consider our suggestions.

My suggestion focuses on the use of Alerts. When the Display Dialog setting is active under preferences and an alert is triggered, the dialog that pops up takes the focus away from the entire workspace, forcing the user to acknowledge the dialog before any further actions can be taken. I find this very disruptive, and every single day I wish that the alert dialog could just wait while I manipulate the workspace, then acknowledge the dialog and move on to the next alert.

I would also like to mention that I have had a serious problem with the alerts, whereby QCharts would crash repeatedly whenever multiple alerts were triggered. I tried everything in the book to fix this, including reinstalling QCharts, but the only fix was to delete all of my alerts and start from scratch. Note that there were almost 300 symbols in my alert list.

Regards,
      JMK

Comment

Jay,
        Thanks for your reply. However, I'm a QChart subscriber and, at the moment, don't plan on switching to eSignal. So how does the eSignal EFS and third party pattern recognition code help me TODAY?

Perhaps this leads to the question what happens in the future to the eSignal and QChart products? Will they merge into one product, will they remain forever two separate products, or will they "morph" into variants of themselves with each filling a separate but complementary niche?

Thanks for the help and best of luck in the transition,
        Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by windstar10
          ... My suggestion focuses on the use of Alerts. When the Display Dialog setting is active under preferences and an alert is triggered, the dialog that pops up takes the focus away from the entire workspace, ...

Regards,
          JMK
          Alerts is certainly an area of improvement, and is something I'd like to see some focus on either in 6.1 or 6.2. Once the development efforts of getting QCharts to work on the eSignal network is completed, we'll get back to making the QCharts interface even better. I have taken note of your suggestion for future consideration.
          Regards,
          Jay F.
          Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by dfmccarty
            Jay,
            Thanks for your reply. However, I'm a QChart subscriber and, at the moment, don't plan on switching to eSignal. So how does the eSignal EFS and third party pattern recognition code help me TODAY?
            To be to the point, the only way it can help today is by trying it out and seeing if it fits your needs. eSignal has a 30 day trial period, and Matheny Enterprises studies have a trial as well.

Perhaps this leads to the question what happens in the future to the eSignal and QChart products? Will they merge into one product, will they remain forever two separate products, or will they "morph" into variants of themselves with each filling a separate but complementary niche?
            The current plan is to keep the two products seperate. eSignal has a higher price point and a broader feature set, while QCharts is priced at under $100 and has a more focused list of features. Since eSignal is the higher priced product, it may be enhanced with some of QCharts features (i.e. Put/Call, Breadthalizers, etc.)
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

One suggestion -

Can you create a "tab" for the various workspaces on QCharts? "tab" is a popular feature use by traders. It is just the sheet on excel.

Many softwares has it - Interactive brokers, Ensign ...

Comment

QCHART Enhancement

I'm not crazy about multiple software installs to work around the inability to add multiple pages to a workspace. How about adding a multiple paging capability to the workspace similar to that offered in ProphetX ?

Comment

Yes Yankee Trader.

The "multiple pages" thing is what I was talking about.

I just review their product, DTN is indeed improving.

They even have "multiple pages" within the quote sheet. That's cool.

Hope QCHarts is listening. No reply from them on this yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X