Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a more reliable data feed without tick data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a more reliable data feed without tick data?

One of the problem I had with QChart is that the more active the market is, the less reliable it becomes. In other words, it tends to crash when you need it the most. It's easy to understand since it receive tick data which increase with market activities.

Is it possible to config QChart to update, lets say, every 5 seconds instead of tick data? Of course, I would expect seperate servers for this kind of feed so that it's reliability is not affected by how crazy market is up to this moment since they feed fixed amount of data at a constant rate.

Is this possible at all? Thanks

tyzh,

Thanks for the suggestion and comments. While I can see the goal of your idea is to help improve performance, we're taking a different approach to doing so. We currently focusing our development efforts into bringing the eSignal data network into the QCharts software package as mentioned in the 90 Day Update. This will improve the reliability of the data during peak times. Should you have any other suggestions, feel free to email us direct using the links below in my signature.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Working...
    X