Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem Printing from QCharts (Spooler SubSystem App problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Printing from QCharts (Spooler SubSystem App problem)

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am when printing charts in QCharts.

When I scroll back in QCharts to print historical charts with ~4 months of daily data at a time, eventually I reach a point in the data where my Windows XP Pro print spooler crashes. For example, today I printed a BRCM daily chart from 11/17/99 thru 03/20/00 just fine but the daily chart from 08/16/99 to 12/15/99 crashed the print Spooler SubSystem App. After I fixed the print spooler, I repeated the prints and exactly the same thing happened - 11/99-03/00 printed fine, 08/99-12/99 crashed the print spool service.

The same problem occurs with other stocks when I scroll back in time. For IBM, the failure point occurrs in 1997.

And the spooler failure only occurs when I am printing from QCharts.

I am running QC 5.1.0.14 on a DELL XPS 400 with Windows XP Pro, and my printer is an HP Color LaserJet 2600n.

I am at my wits end - HP says it's a Windows problem and Microsoft says it's a HP problem.

Does anyone have any experience with or advice for this problem? Thanks.
    Thanks, Steven

Hi steven_a,

I do not use QCharts, but I performed a Google search and found a link that has some troubleshooting tips here.

I hope this helps.

Comment

As a workaround until you figure out whazzup, you could do what I do as a matter of course. I don't use the QCharts>Print function, preferring to take a screenshot of the chart/quotesheet/whatever. I like and use the print function in a freebie program... Irfanview. Although Irfanview is primarily an Image Viewer, it also has a screenshot capture function if one does not have a more robust screenshot program....like SnagIT ($hareware) which is my primary screenshot program. Control over resize and page placement, maintaining aspect ratios with Irfanview. www.irfanview.com

LAM

Comment

Another option is to export the image to a bitmap and then use Explorer to print the bitmap. Just right-click on the chart and select "Export" then "Image" and save the bmp file somewhere on your computer then use Windows Explorer to print it from the disk file.

Good luck,
        Tom

Comment

Working...
        X