Future of Qlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of Qlink

Read this on the yahoo group: "Those symbols will eventually be carried on the eSignal network and once that occurs they will be supported through the current eSignal DDE technology.

Until that happens though (and for some time after that) QLink will remain supported"

Some questions

1) And "some time after that", QLink will not be supported? Meaning it will not be made available? We cannot use DDE link anymore.

2) QCharts can DDE linked historical datas to Excel, this is a important feature in my trading process and many others as well, will this function be dis-continued after "some time after that"?

I'm not sure I completely follow your questions, so I'll just review the future of QLink.

We understand that many users enjoy the power that QLink can bring to their Excel spreadsheets, and we plan on QLink remaining fully functional until we discontinue the Continuum network. Our current estimates place that to be about 12 months away. Before that time, our plan is to have a full-featured replacement running on the eSignal network that includes access to historical data.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Future of QLink

Jay:

A lot of people wrote software programs that used Qlink to import historical and real time data into those programs. What will happen after QLink discontinues in one years time, or whenever.

Some of the programmers of those programs are long gone onto other endevours or not interested in updating their programs and so the end user is going to have a hard time.

When u start thinking about the future of QLink can u keep in mind that a replacement should be able to work with those programs, or give an option of helping non-programmers to be able to still use those Qlink based softwares with the esignal data.

Thanks

AK

Comment

akiri,

Thanks for that question.

We are in the early stages of planning out this QLink replacement application. Our first and foremost requirement for this application is for it to perform all the functions that QLink currently performs (i.e. pulls in snapshot data, bar data, etc.) While we're building this part of it up, the engineers will also look at other desired features like a translator from the existing QLink DDE "code" to the new format. We can't guarantee that these additional features will make it in the first release, but we'll certainly shoot for that goal.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X