Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

symbol for emini russell 2000 in qchart.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• symbol for emini russell 2000 in qchart.

Can somebody tell me the simbol for emini russell 2000 in Qchart?

Thanks.

symbol for emini russell 2000 in qchart

MR .... MR06U is current front month.

An exception is on the two "test" servers...SantaClara 10 and 11.*

On those servers it's ER2 (ER206U). However there's an issue with that symbol on those servers, so avoid them if need Russell 2K.

LAM
    * IP's....(see ctrl-alt-N Router List)

Comment

Thanks Larry. I had noticed the Russells not working with those servers. I thought it was just an intermittent thing. Will avoid them henceforth.

Comment

Thanks Larry.

Comment

Maybe this has been asked before ...

but when I go to ticker symbol look up in qcharts I get a 'page cannot be displayed ie cannot find server'.

Does this function work? or how do I get it to work.

Also How can I display a continuous contract for the emini Russel 2000. I have ym.q for continuous for the ym.

But that wouldnt work for the russel ...
          Last edited by DJXput; 10-08-2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Hey DJX,

There is no continuous contract for MR supplied by Quote.com.

1. First take a look at this post regarding continuous contracts in QCharts.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou.../message/43462

2. Look in the file CompSyms2.INF to see what contracts are provided by Quote.com.

3. Now that you know all about continuous contracts <grin>, here's a continuous I created for myself that I have in my ZNF file. Feel free to select/copy/paste this if you wish into your ZNF.

MR.Q ; CME:MR.Q ; E-Mini Nasdaq 100 "ZNF" ; CME:MR06Z ; DT(#CME:MR06Z|9/7/2006|-) DT(#CME:MR06U|6/9/2006|9/7/2006) DT(#CME:MR06M|3/9/2006|6/8/2006) DT(#CME:MR06H|12/9/2005|3/9/2006) DT(#CME:MR05Z|9/9/2005|12/9/2005) DT(#CME:MR05U|6/10/2005|9/9/2005) DT(#CME:MR05M|3/11/2005|6/10/2005) DT(#CME:MR05H|12/10/2004|3/11/2005)

Notice that the string in my MR goes back to the 2005 H contract. That's 'nuff for me. You are free to add contracts further back in time if you wish. You can use ES to copy from, changing the symbol after copy.

Good Luck,

LAM

Comment

Thanks alot Larry!

Questions ...

I basically copied and pasted the info you have there into my ZNF file.

So now in my qcharts I can just hit MR.Q and it brings up a continuous contract from last year

- So if I was really brave I could do that with other futures contracts (once I figured out how to do what you did there).

- Why do you have this here in your formula " E-Mini Nasdaq 100 "ZNF"
              My chart lists this as CME: MR.Q, D E-Mini Nasdaq 100 "ZNF"

thanks again

Comment

I have the E-Mini Nasdaq 100 "ZNF" in the title field (3rd field of statement) simply so that, like, ya know, I'll know where the symbol is coming from, ykwim? My ZNF vs the CompSyms2 definition files. I have a title like this in all my merge statements. No biggie, just for a warm fuzzy.

Yep, you can construct whatever you wish. In the link to the post I provided, there's a link in that post to another post that further explains the "DT" form (as is DaTe) of merge statement (vs the simple sym/sym form) with DT providing specific start and end dates for data stitching. If you're not registered at YahooGroups and can't see that post, well...register <grin>. There's quite a few tutorial posts there by moi that are referenced on occasion.

Regarding another question in your original post today, the ? about ticker lookup. I'm not having a problem with that. See attachment. However, the right side links to the KnowledgeBase are giving "page can't display". But methinks the KB is down for maintenance. It's also unavailable in eSignal at this time. The same KB program/database is used for eSignal and QCharts.

LAM
                Attached Files

Comment

oops and apologies, DJX

phooey. Hahaha hehehe. The shoe finally drops hours later...thud. Talk about not "seeing" with the eye, but rather with the mind. I was focused only on why I put ZNF in the Title, not seeing the rest of the Title as being for NQ, rather than MR.

That string of characters in the 3rd field, the Title, was from when I constructed the MR.Q string. I obviously copied the NQ string I had in place already, then changed the symbols to MR, but forgot to change the Title field.

There is a clue here that I don't use continuous contracts all that much in practice, or *maybe* I would have noticed that before.

Just change that field to be any name, any character string you wish.

Again...oops and apologies.

LAM

Comment

Larry,

Do you happen to have a updated version of your russel continuous contract that I could use?

Thanks

Comment

Here you go. You can change Field 3, the title field, to whatever you wish. Select this whole string, copy and then paste into your ZNF. Use Notepad for modifying ZNF.

MR.Q ; CME:MR.Q ; E-Mini Russell 2K "ZNF" Jun 7, 2007 Roll ; CME:MR07U ; DT(#CME:MR07U|6/7/2007|-) DT(#CME:MR07M|3/9/2007|6/7/2007) DT(#CME:MR07H|12/8/2006|3/9/2007) DT(#CME:MR06Z|9/7/2006|12/7/2006) DT(#CME:MR06U|6/9/2006|9/7/2006) DT(#CME:MR06M|3/9/2006|6/8/2006) DT(#CME:MR06H|12/9/2005|3/9/2006) DT(#CME:MR05Z|9/9/2005|12/9/2005) DT(#CME:MR05U|6/10/2005|9/9/2005) DT(#CME:MR05M|3/11/2005|6/10/2005) DT(#CME:MR05H|12/10/2004|3/11/2005)

Comment

Works perfectly!

Thanks Larry

Comment

You're welcome. Thanks for the thanks.

As you know, there was an outage for CME most of the day, except for the "test" servers SantaClara 10 and 11. However, as I mentioned in another thread today those test servers have issues of their own. One issue is regarding the Russell. Those two servers only show data for "ER2" for the current week only. So, when I need to be on those servers, like today, here's another ZNF'er I use to compensate. It's not a continuous, but at least it will chart the Russell front month OK.

So, if any of y'all are interested....

MR2 ; CME:MR2 ; MR-ER2 merged for SC10&11 ; CME:ER207U ; CME:ER207U CME:MR07U

LAM

Comment

Working...
                          X