disconnection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disconnection issues

I have been having problems with my qcharts data feed yesterday and today.
    I use a third party software (neoticker) with my feed but have been disconnected over 5 times yesterday and once today .
    Any idea what the problem is ?

I can't say what's changed on the servers, but something has as of yesterday.

Jay....something has happened with the servers as of Monday a.m. I'm getting switched around frequently...even when I target my "favorite" servers that over time have been solid performers. I run "never switch", and the only time a switch is "supposed" to happen is in the event of a complete break in client>server communications, which is normally an I'net path issue. I monitor both farms with MultiPing and I'net path issues are not whazzup the last two days.

So, ya might wanna check with Ops to see if there were mods to the servers over the weekend. Things jest ain't nominal the last two days.

LAM

Comment

Thanks for the reports. Ops will investigate this as soon as they can.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

disconnection issues

I really hope you get these issues resolved quickly because when i am disconected from my particular thirdparty software because of the data load and symbols i load it takes me a minimum of 5-minutes to log back on and it is costing me and is messing up customised indicators as they are only generated with live data !

yours sincerely,

tim higgs

Comment

I'm losing connections at least 2-3 times an hour.

This has to be resolved asap.

Comment

Hi Tim,

We've isolated the subset of servers that is causing the intermittent logoff issue. All departments are actively involved in getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

As soon as more information becomes available, we will repost back to this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Our engineers were able to find the reason for this issue, and are currently wokring on a fix. More to follow as we know it.
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

disconnection issues

is there an update on the server problems and solutions as i am still getting disconnection problems

Comment

The major server disconnection issues that occurred last week were resolved. We are receiving a small handful of clients (under 5 thus far) that are getting "You do not have permission to run QCharts" disconnect messages still, and our engineers are trying to pin-point the cause of those remaining disconnect messages.

Could you private message me some further details? (Use the "Send PM" button below this message.) Please include:

- QCharts User Name
                  - QCharts Version Number
                  - Server(s) that are giving the disconnect messages
                  - Name of 3rd party software package(s)
                  Regards,
                  Jay F.
                  Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

FWIW, make that 6 as I got disconnected yesterday with the "You do not have permission to run QCharts" message in the middle of a session. However, I was able to log back on immediately.

~Bob

Comment

I have also been having the exact same problem. Do we have an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Comment

Jay,

fwiw, the original issue that began this thread, and that I experienced and reported on, has been resolved as far as I can see. That issue was the frequent auto-switching away from the current connection to another router/server.

Looks like this thread has changed into a different issue..."You do not have permission to run QCharts".
                        I'm not experiencing this issue, fwiw.

LAM

Comment

I am not getting that error. Simply while downloading data it stops and quits. The bandwidth basiclly drops off. My internet is fine and I have done packet tests and it's not my ISP.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Larry, and I agree. This thread has two different issues in it, and the "You don't have permission to run QCharts" issue remains.

As far as an update on that issue, we are currently collecting more information about the problem. If any further users are getting the "You don't have permission to run QCharts" error message abnormally, please PM me your username, server you were on, and the approx. time of the disconnect.
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

luckypimp

Well...<grin>...to be pickey, you responded to the "You do not have permission to run QCharts" post saying you had that exact same problem. However, your follow up post indicates another issue altogether from the subject of this thread..."disconnection issue".

Sorry, don't mean to be overly anal here, but perhaps it might be helpful if you opened a new thread for your issue..."Feed dies during download of data". No offense intended.

LAM

Comment

Working...
                              X