Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qcharts questions ... (thinking of signing up again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qcharts questions ... (thinking of signing up again)

Hi,

I attempted to ask the forum goers over at ET about various charting programs and Qcharts; but I got 1 response over 3 threads I started

My last thread was this

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...threadid=77882

So with no responses over there I thought I'd go right to the source and see what you guys have to say.

Some of my questions are:

1. When exactly can we expert to get the new data; ie forex/energy minis/international futures (I read the preview posts - I was confused thou as to when this would occur).

2. How's the Qcharts feed? has it improved at all since esignal bought them out? I was getting frustrated last year when I had qcharts.

3. Any plans to implement a playback function? I realize esignal has that option but I have no intention of using esignal.

4. When comparing the Qcharts basic to plus ...
    a. what does it mean by market downloads (under what you get with the plus). Does that mean it will dl data to your HD? or what does it mean? Does qcollector still work with either basic or plus?

b. extensive news, research, analysis ... if I remember right with qcharts if you wanted to see some news you scrolled through a series of tabs and pulled up some news (what's different between the basic and the plus).
    Is the plus version streaming news? If I remember right esig has streaming news (might be something to add to Qcharts in the future).

That's all the questions I can think of for now,

thanks for the help
    Last edited by DJXput; 10-03-2006, 07:20 PM.

Come on guys give me some input!

You guys are as quite as the ET message board

Comment

Some of these questions are better addressed by other users so I'll leave those to the community.

When can QC users add other content from eSignal? Likely before the year is out.

Is the feed improved? I think we've done a good job of stabilizing the feed and making some small improvements. The goal is to eventually have QCharts feed from the eSignal network.

In terms of development, the main goal is to write QC to read the eSignal feed and make those unique Quote features available via the eSignal network (breadthalizer stats, extended tick history, hot lists, etc). Beyond that, I don't think we've mapped out other s/w enhancements.

Thanks.

Comment

Hey DJX,

As a regular customer, I can't address your questions about what's to come.

Regarding "How's the feed?" query...
        It's OK by me, else I wouldn't be a customer. It's the same as before, same QCharts program, same servers. I follow the tips and suggestions made over time...monitor 'net path to the farms, don't peg cpu, use the QFAI connectivity tool, etc. Run for the most part trouble free day in and day out. This week was the first time in I can't remember how long that there has been a systemic issue...the disconnect issue that's been nailed down now.

Regarding streaming news query...
        There's a Streaming news browser within QCharts. Been there since, gosh, like forever now. Works fine for either individual stocks or targeted news feeds, like AP, BWire, whatnot. This is available for Basic subscription.

Regarding the "market downloads" query...
        This is a Plus feature. It's a web based download center. Attached is a screenshot of one of it's functions.

LAM
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Larry and Scott for the help,

I decided to resign up with Qcharts (went with the plus version (30 day trial so going to see how I like it).
          I like the pivots and the volume on price so far - will see how it goes.

I'll probably have a few questions as I get going here.

Comment

Working...
          X