Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qchart help - Product opens - No data feed

Hello,

I have been using Qcharts for about a year and I really like that product, but I have had some issues in the last couple of upgrades. I am not currently in front of the computer that is running Qcharts and I can not seem to get home in time to contact the help desk when I am at that computer.

My current issue (with the current Qchart products and the current DLL files) is the following:

1. I can open the product up and get logged in.
    2. I can open a work space.
    my issues.

1. I only have data for one or two stocks in the hot list windows.
    2. I do not get any other data.
    3. I only get the current days data for the stocks that I do receive, no historical data.
    4. My current hot list is not receiving data.

I have been doing a lot of traveling the last month and have not really had a chance to keep up with your migration efforts.

Can you explain my issues?

Thank....

Hi Jeff,

We did some checking on your account and found some issues that may be responsible for the QCharts behavior you are seeing.

The QCharts account itself is good to go, but we didn't see any real-time exchanges added to it. Since the conversion, you must subscribe to either a delayed or real-time data bundle. Delayed data will no longer come through by default and without a specific subscription.

We also checked the Hotlist feature that you mentioned. The Hotlist works ok on this end, but if the Hotlist is imported into a Quote Sheet, it doesn't resolve data; again, due to the lack of a data subscription.

The third option is the ContinuumClient.ini file. If at any time this file was hard coded to point to a specific server, it may be that you're session of QCharts is connecting automatically to a problematic server everytime you start the program. The ContinuumClient.ini file can be deleted and will recreate itself the next time you log into QCharts.

At this point, I would evaluate what data you need as part of your subscription (regardless of delayed or real-time) and add those to your account.

I'm including some links to the Account Maintenance site where you can make any changes to your subscription. Please let us know what we can do to help going forward.

Account Maintenance Overview

Account Maintenance

QCharts KnowledgeBase

Comment

Have updated data feeds

Hello Duane,

I have gone out to the account maintenance area and added in the data feeds. I will not be able to verify that this is working until later this afternoon.

If this corrects my issues that is great, however I am concerned that this may become a means of nickel and dimeing the customer.

I hope that is not the case.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I suspect the addition of a real-time or delayed exchange will make a positive difference in the way QCharts has been behaving for you.

I know that some clients have been unsure of the changes that have been implemented since the Quote.com acquisition. We are working very hard to not only keep the product thriving, but growing with the addition of new exchanges and significantly increased speed and reliability at the most competitive price level possible.

If you interested in taking a look at some of these changes, I've included a couple of links from the QCharts KnowledgeBase. Thanks for the post.

QCharts Account Migration

Billing Service & Procedures

Comment

Working...
        X