Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range Indicator

Hello;
    Would it be possible to have Esignal Developers develope a "Field" in the "Watchlist" called Range? It would be a Range of numbers from 0-100. Where stocks that are hitting new highs (Daily, Year etc) will be given a score of 100 and stocks hitting new lows will be given a score of 0. You would then add this "Field" to your watchlist and would be able to rank them from high to low and vise versa with a click of the mouse. A very powerful indicator. Now Qcharts has this function which I think should not be that hard to add to Esignal. I have been asking for this from your Developers for a year and a half but still have yet to see it.
    Thanks for your time......Greg

"Percent In Range" is the QCharts field I think you're referring to. eSignal does have some longer-term plans of adding a way to do this in a Quote Window, however this has not yet been assigned to a specific version number yet.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Range Indicator

I would like to add my voice to having this function continue. I use it extensively and consider it to be extremely important in assesing the market. Here is how I use it in the DOW JONES INDUSTRIALS ranking the strongest on top. One can judge the extent of the moves by how many stocks in this group are over 90% etc.
      Attached Files

Comment

We have every intention of keeping this field in QCharts. Greg was asking for this feature to be ported over to eSignal. As you can see in the below screenshot of an internal beta of QCharts 6.0, this feature continues to work great!
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

% in Range Indicator

Jay;
          That is exactly the indicator I'm asking for. As you can see from other posters, others are using it too.
          Thanks for the response.
          Greg

Comment

Looks nice Jay

When will we be able to run the beta 6.0?

Also is the main thing that will be different with the 6.0(phase 1) compared to the current Qcharts (The fact the it will use the esig network?)

So basically we wont have the large intra-day database if we choose to run 6.0 ... and there wont be much else new (at first ...)
            Is this correct?

We'll have to wait for phase 2 before we get the fun stuff like forex/international exchanges etc ...

Comment

No official ETA on the open Beta yet, but we're getting much closer as you can see. We're still actively developing the product and some features might change a bit.

There will be some changes between 5.1 and 6.0 that we'll have all specced out on the Beta page, but we'll hold off on discussing that in detail until the Beta is ready. The good news is that we'll have Forex and international data for the QCharts 6.0 release!
              Attached Files
              Regards,
              Jay F.
              Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                The good news is that we'll have Forex and international data for the QCharts 6.0 release!
                I cant wait!

that way I dont have to run a seperate program to see a forex chart

Comment

While Jay posted some of the cross rate symbols in a Quote Sheet, we wanted to also illustrate some of these symbols from a chart perspective. The beta is continually improving and should be available soon.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Percent in Range

JayF:
                    With the excitement of the release of Esignal 10, I was very disappointed that "% in Range" which is available in QCharts is not available with the new Esignal release. I have been asking for this option for over a year.

You said last October 2006
                    "Percent In Range does have some longer-term plans of adding a way to do this in a Quote Window, however this has not yet been assigned to a specific version number yet."

I guess the long term plans for Esignal are longer than a year.

So my question is, do they (Engineers) have plans of implementing this into Esignal soon or do I have to subscribe to both Esignal and Qcharts? What versions of QCharts have this capability? As you can see in the previous posts there are other traders that want this function too.
                    Thanks for your time...Greg

Comment

Greg,

Thanks for the follow-up message. The "% In Range" indicator for eSignal is still on the long-term plans list, but I'm hopeful we'll see this sometime in 2008.

Regarding QCharts, this field has been in the product for a long time and is in any recent version of the product (5.1, 6.0, etc.)
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Percent in Range

JayF;
                        Thanks for the response.
                        BUT, I talked to Todd in Techical Support today, and asked him about installing "% in Range" into Esignal but he said there are NO long term plans to install it into Esignal. The long term plan is to merge Esignal and Qcharts into one platform. Time frame you ask? 4-5 years down the road, so for those who are patiently waiting for this indicator will be waiting very long time. Not likely in 2008.
                        Greg

Comment

Thanks for the reply Greg, but the message you received was incorrect. While we are still in process of finalizing our plans for 2008, I can say that getting % In Range is in scope for the year.

I'll make sure service is aware of our plans once they are finalized, and we'll also be making an announcement to clients as well, when the time comes.
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

% in Range

JayF;
                            Well last response from you about getting % in Range from QCharts into Esignal was October 2007. So now what is your forcast? 4-5 years like Todd told me? Now it's May 2008, 8 Mos. since last posting and still no plans for the indicator. Why is it so hard to implement? Very disappointed in Esignal not implementing an indicator that quite a few traders use!!!!
                            Greg

Comment

Greg,

I can understand your disappointment with regards to the delay in seeing the %InRange indicator ported to eSignal.

Due to performance issues in version 10, we have been putting the majority of our development efforts into improving the infrastructure of the eSignal code. I think it is clear that the majority of traders want software that is first and foremost reliable and streamlined from a performance perspective.

I agree that %InRange is a great tool to have, and we look forward to getting this into the eSignal product soon. However, we will continue to put our focus on performance versus feature implementation until it is better than previous versions.
                              Regards,
                              Jay F.
                              Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                              X