Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many problems with QCharts

I have a lot of problems with Qcharts.

More often, I can not open it. The program freezes and locks on "Synchronizing files".

When Qchats opens (after at least 30 seconds!), for example with a (blank) or the default worspace "Welcome to Qcharts.qcw" and if I want open another worspace , the program locks and does not answer anymore. Also, "Save as" does not work.

I tried CleanReg Qcharts4, repair, uninstall and reinstall without success.

What can I do in order to have Qchart to work?

Only one version installed (5.1 0019).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre,

There's a recent post on YahooGroups that gives a procedure you may wish to review.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou.../message/44415

Also, based on a comment you made in another post, I'm wondering about your install. Could you please supply a screenshot like the one below. Please have Explorer set with Details view and Folders in left-side pane. Don't concern yourself with all the installs I have kept over time.

Oh...please render screenshot as filetype .GIF.

Thanks,

LAM
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you again for your reply.

I do not think my problems come from "bad" worspace because they often happen with a blank worspace and with a good default worspace.

I joined a screeshot of my Explorer window and will send in my next post a text file with all the entries of my registry that contain the words QuoteComl and Qcharts.
      Attached Files

Comment

Entries in the registry

All the entries of my registry that contains the words QuoteCom and Qcharts.
        Attached Files

Comment

Jean-Pierre,

The referenced post was about starting to a blank workspace and noticing status bar to insure a connection had been made OK.

We discussed before when you get the "Synchronizing files" msg, clicking on the face of QCharts to take focus off the Sync msg so you can do a ctrl-alt-n. When you ctrl-alt-n, do you see a full list of servers in the "Router List" display? You should. If so, switch to, at least for now and today, IP 209.202.236.21 (it's name could be either cc-01a or continuum4).

After stitching to above IP (that's Miami-1), take a look at file "continuumclient.INI" in your QCharts directory. Is it marked AutoUpdate=True or =False? It s/b True.

Also, please consider installing QFAI(link) so you can have control over what your initial connection is. I just don't get the "Sync" issue unless I specifically go to a server/router that I know is having issues.

Note: A friendly fyi here regarding your screenshot. It's dimension is 2000x1808. In the future, please "crop" the image to be just the image itself, without all the extra stuff. The dimensions in your screenshot should be approx 940x1030.

LAM

Comment

Thank you Larry for your comments and your help.

I will install QFAI and try with it.

Sorry for the big file.

Comment

Working...
            X