Happy with QCharts... You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy with QCharts... You?

I have been watching all the messages here and on the Yahoo group about QCharts and ESignal. There has been lots of talk about how ESignal is this and that...(not real encouraging stuff). I was a bit worried earlier, but my own experience with QCharts has much improved over the pre-ESignal days.

I no longer have the issues with crap data like I had before and the response time from the ESignal folks on questions and problems has been generally much better than before. Even the servers I use seem more stable and consistent. I appreciate that Jay, Duane and other folks are trying very hard to keep information open and transparent to us users. I am especially happy that ESignal will continue to support and enhance this product because it is second to none in my humble opinion. With a fast computer, the right software (QFAI at least for now), multiple monitors and a good broadband connection, QCharts is awesome.

I would be curious to know if my opinion is shared by others on the list or am I the only one who feels like QCharts has improved and will continue to improve with ESignal?

Thanks for listening,
    T

Hi Tradertom,

Thanks for the comments. You chose the right forum to allow others to see your comments. Since you posted this, 9 people have seen it.

We're glad to see that all of our efforts are working to improve your experience with QCharts. That's our goal and will continue to be our goal. We can only make it better.

Thanks,
    J.J.

Comment

TraderTom,

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments and observations.
      Brian

Comment

Well I am happy Esig has bought Qcharts ...

I still have issues that I have experienced on and off for the past 5 years~

Examples: there will be times I need to switch servers to get quotes, there are times when I switch to these new servers and its missing quotes on a certain time frame for a certain period of time, then there are times that I switch servers and nothing happens.

These things have happened in the past 5 years or so~ that I have used qcharts.

So in regards to esignal ...
        1. They have a active forum where they respond.
        2. They have tech support
        3. They have improvements spelled out and coming soon
        4. A better data network is coming

All of these things wouldn't have happened with lycos; if it wernt for the charts I would have abandoned Qcharts a long time ago.

So to answer your question ... I dont really see much of a difference in how Qcharts runs atm compared to when I last used it; but if all their upcoming changes work as well as spelled out then things should be alot better.

Comment

Tom,

You will be very happy to hear that the new version of QCharts (QC6) incorpoates the eSignal Data Manager and you ask what does this mean?

Well, all of us know that the original QCharts team did a fantastic job creating a charting platform that still after many years is one of the nicest available. However, because of the server loading problems that have increased with increase in users, most of us run a second instance of QCharts as a backup just in case the QFeed server in use "coughs" or the path from the server to you goes dead. The eSignal Data Manager (DM) monitors several eSignal servers and paths and will switch servers quickly if a problem is detected. This new capability will allow the user to concentrate on trading instead of making sure he is connected to a good server.

The TaskInfo image below shows the current "hybrid" QC6x with some data still being obtained from a QFeed server but more importantly it shows 5 eSignal servers just waiting to be connected if needed.

Best regards,

~Bob

Comment

Overall I think I have seen improvement in QCharts since they became part of ESignal. There have been some lags in chart fills this week, which was an unusual event. Overall, I think it has improved, and look forward to further integration with the ESignal infrastructure, as long as we keep those nifty tools like hotlists and scanning options like percentage in range, etc. I use every day and make money with them.
            Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X