Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release of 5.1.0.21

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that a new version of the 5.1 series has been posted. The major change in this version is a fix for Quote Sheets that are tracking portfolio information. With large value stocks like GOOG and CME, the profit/loss and value columns could sometimes give odd results.

http://www.quote.com/home/qcharts/de...ption=download

We continue to work on QCharts 6.0, and are getting closer to having a beta version for the public to test. Keep an ear to the ground by checking back on this forum; we'll announce the beta here first!
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Thanks for this Jay. Does it also fix the problem with Csr % in the charts window for GOOG and CME? When clicking on a price for normally priced stocks its value is set to zero. Then as you move up and down the value changes as a percentage of the move. On GOOG, a click on a recent price sets Csr % to a very negative number like -101.6% (negative 101.6%) and as you go up in price the number becomes less negative (to like -88%). Works well on other stocks (like GS or RKH) and even expensive indexes like OIX and XNG.

Comment

Hi tradertom,

And the answer is...nope.
      Looks like this bug is similar to, or the same as the bug that was fixed in 5.1.0.21, that is the large numbers in quotesheet Portfolio fields issue.

Just like the Portfolio bug, this issue manifests in a 4-digit display, but not in a 2-digit display.

I don't know if Support has the bug you are reporting in their Bug database. Perhaps Jay, or a support person, can comment.

LAM

Comment

I can duplicate this in 5.1 pretty quickly, but it appears upon the intial trials that this bug is already fixed in QCharts 6.0 (currently in an internal beta.)

Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

[QUOTE]
          [QUOTE]Originally posted by Larry Marchman
          Just like the Portfolio bug, this issue manifests in a 4-digit display, but not in a 2-digit display.

Originally posted by JayF
          I can duplicate this in 5.1 pretty quickly, but it appears upon the intial trials that this bug is already fixed in QCharts 6.0 (currently in an internal beta.)
          Jay, couple of comments.

1. The bug only manifests if display is set for 4-digits. Your screenshot of QCharts V6 was 2-digit display.

2. Since it's gonna be quite a while with QCharts V5.1 still available, has this bug been logged in V5.1 bug database, and hopefully addressed in 5.1.0.22, like the Portfolio bug was fixed in *.21 (a very similar, if not the same overflow problem).

Thanks,

LAM

Comment

We don't currently have any active plans on creating another 5.1 version as all efforts are working towards the 6.0 release at this point.

No matter the setting I can't duplicate this issue on 6.0. Larry, if you are able to, please let me know.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
              We don't currently have any active plans on creating another 5.1 version as all efforts are working towards the 6.0 release at this point.

No matter the setting I can't duplicate this issue on 6.0. Larry, if you are able to, please let me know.
              Methinks the issue can't be duplicated in 6.0 unless a 4 decimal points setting is in effect. Can you get a 4-digit display in 6.0? Your screenshot was a 2-digit display

But since you say the bug won't be fixed in QCharts V5.1, the issue is pretty much moot now for V5.1. But...but....it should be an easy fix, the same fix that was put in *.21 for the Portfolio "large number overflow". Can't blame a guy for trying.

LAM

Comment

Working...
              X