General Questions on QCharts 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions on QCharts 6.0

Jay, maybe you can comment on a couple basic questions regarding the upcoming QC 6.0:

1) Will users be able to access the ESignal feed and the Continuum feed at the same time, so we could run legacy QCharts on QFeed and new QC 6.0 on the ESignal feed
    simultaneously?

2) How will we migrate our workspaces over to the ESignal feed with its different symbology? Will we need to rekey the symbols?

Thanks

Hello,

1) During the beta testing period, users will be allowed to run QCharts 5.1 and QCharts 6.0 simultaneously on the same PC. Upon the gold release of 6.0, the users will only be allowed one incidence of QCharts running at the same time. (5.1's can still run multiples, but 6.0 won't start if there are any sessions of QCharts running already.) This is to prevent excessive and duplicate use of the networks and to lighten the load on Continuum.

2) In regards to the symbology, you can continue to use the symbols in Qcharts. They will automatically convert to eSignal symbols. There are some limits though. Some of the symbols will not convert. As we finish testing we will know more about this feature.

Thank You,
    J.J.
    Qchart Support

Comment

I use QCharts and a third party software (Investor RT) on the same PC.
      Does it mean upon the gold release of 6.0, I will only be allowed one incidence of QCharts running OR only Investor at the same time, or will I be able to run QCharts6 AND my third party software at the same time?

Jean-Pierre

Comment

QCharts 6.0, once released, will not be enabled to run concurrently with either QCharts 5.1 nor a 3rd party application based QCharts 5.1 (i.e. QDP). However, many 3rd party applications (Investor RT included) have the ability to get data from eSignal either as a separate version or with a different data feed selection within the 3rd party app itself. In that "eSignal mode", you will be able to use QCharts 6.0 and another 3rd party application at the same time.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Working...
        X