Data Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Window

I know I have done this before...but simply cannot remember how. I would like to edit the information in the Data Window and add "volume".
    Any help would be appreciated.

heather6154
    If you are referring to the Snapshot Window then see the enclosed animated image
    Alex

Comment

Dear Alexis,
      Thanks for the amazing reply....however, what I am referring to is the "gray data window" to the left hand side of the animation you sent.
      There is a way of adding data to this window so that when you place your cursor on a particular candle, it indicates "volume" for that particular time period.
      Thanks again

Comment

Hi heather6154

In order to display a study's value in that little cursor data window box, you have to first show the study on the chart (you should have a "Volume" study displayed.) Then you can change the "Volume Study Preferences" (right click on the Volume Study) and tick the box that says "Report Volume in Cursor Data Window".

Incidently, this works for most studies you can see. You can display the value of moving averages, MACD histogram, Bollinger Bands, etc.

If you leave the colors set for "Auto" the colors will be the color you chose for the indicator. For example, if the color of a 200 period moving average line is brown, the cursor data window will display "MA(200) 48.09767" in that same color. Pretty cool feature!

T

P.S. Very nice animation, Alexis!

Comment

Dear Tom,
          Thanks for the info. I added the volume study, and checked it to report the volume in the Data Window. Then, because I don't want to take up workspace with the volume study, I reduced it to zero, so it doesn't show.
          Thanks,
          H

Comment

Working...
          X