Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Resolution Recommendation for new Q-Charts User

Hi,
    My name is Bianca and I just signed up for Q-Charts. I am in the process of getting a new computer with 4 monitors. I am trying to determine what the best monitor resolution is for Q-Charts. I know many of you have used Q-charts for a long time, and was wondering what monitor resolution / viewing settings worked best for you. I was not sure if there are any adjustments that can be made on the font / print size within Q-charts itself. Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Thanks. Bianca

Re: Monitor Resolution Recommendation for new Q-Charts User

Originally posted by mbsillers
    Hi,
    My name is Bianca and I just signed up for Q-Charts. I am in the process of getting a new computer with 4 monitors. I am trying to determine what the best monitor resolution is for Q-Charts. I know many of you have used Q-charts for a long time, and was wondering what monitor resolution / viewing settings worked best for you. I was not sure if there are any adjustments that can be made on the font / print size within Q-charts itself. Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Thanks. Bianca
    I use 17-inch flat panel monitors (LCD) at their maximum resolution, 1280x1024. In other words, use the maximum resolution you can stand. If the font size is too small for comfort, decrease the resolution.

I don't modify the font size in Windows because that caused problems with some software. Dialog boxes and windows didn't display properly.

Just my opinion, others may differ.
    Eric Boehm

Comment

Hi Bianca,

I run QCharts mainly on my laptop which has a 15.4 inch screen. My main priority is managing the small amount of screen space that I have available. I run all of my charting programs, QCharts included, with a 1280 X 800 resolution. This seems to help me fit as many windows as possible into the screen space. Once I've got the windows situated where I want them, I begin tinkering with the font size for each respective window; some smaller, some larger.

This is really going to come down to what you can comfortably look at on a day to day basis. I've tried running a size 8 font, but found it to be too small to use consistently.

As you plan on using four monitors, you may be able to go a little larger on the screen resolution and hopefully find a font size that works for you in the long term. Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Monitor Resolution Recommendation for new Q-Charts User

Hi Bianca,
        Originally posted by mbsillers
        I was not sure if there are any adjustments that can be made on the font / print size within Q-charts itself
        As Duane mentions, you can tinker away with the stuff inside the QCharts workspace. Attached screenshot is a silly example.
        LAM
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X