Tic Chart Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tic Chart Bug?

Attached, please find a screen shot of two tic charts (YM and ES). Note how both the price and volume bars fail to correctly color as set in the chart 'preferences' section - only showing 'up' volume / price coloring. After contacting Customer Support last week (stating they would 'look into' the problem), I have yet to receive a response toward resolution.

Is this a bug? If not, How can I have the chart 'correctly' display the colors indicated? If so, when can I expect a bug fix?

- Spydertrader
    Attached Files

Spydertrader
    I don't think it is a bug. As I understand it the Up/Down colors are based on the Close being higher/lower than the Open In the case of a Tick chart however the Open is null hence both the price and Volume bars are painted with the first assigned color.
    Alex

Comment

They really need to fix that. There should be an option for close to close bar colors. I can have a bar that gaps down, trades up then closes back even with the open, and both points are below the prior bars low. It colors as an up bar.

The tick settings should be easy to code. One color for an uptick and one for a down tick.

Will this be available with the new release or in Beta?

-EZ

Comment

Originally posted by Ezzy
        Will this be available with the new release or in Beta?

-EZ
        This won't be in 6.0, however I'll add this to the list of items to be considered for QCharts 6.1.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

The C to C color option would be great. But there would need to be a separate option for O=C bars.

"If then" would be better as we could code them several ways. And of course tie the colors to volume as well.

Thanks, -EZ

Comment

Working...
          X