Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QLink Info Needed Please...

Hello,

I'd like to find out your intentions regarding the QLink program. It's actually my only reason for subscribing to QCharts. I have programs that rely on it and need to know several months in advance should I be forced to make any changes due to interruptions or changes in QLink's functionality.

Do you plan on keeping/offering the same functionality?

Will it be using the eSignal data manager or the QCharts servers?

Will it still offer historical data in the form of xx min bars? (This is what makes QLink unique). Take it away and it's just another plain old DDE program link.

Are you going to limit the # of symbols for users to access without paying mucho $bucks$ like eSignal?

I hope you will consider all these issues and not alienate the remaining long-time QCharts customers.

Thank you in advance for giving us an idea of the future with QLink/QCharts/eSignal.

Re: QLink Info Needed Please...

Originally posted by indextrader
    Hello,

I'd like to find out your intentions regarding the QLink program. It's actually my only reason for subscribing to QCharts. I have programs that rely on it and need to know several months in advance should I be forced to make any changes due to interruptions or changes in QLink's functionality.

Do you plan on keeping/offering the same functionality?

Will it be using the eSignal data manager or the QCharts servers?

Will it still offer historical data in the form of xx min bars? (This is what makes QLink unique). Take it away and it's just another plain old DDE program link.

Are you going to limit the # of symbols for users to access without paying mucho $bucks$ like eSignal?
    Our current plans is to create a new application that will serve both QCharts and eSignal subscribers that will simulate the functionality of QLink and the eSignal DDE solution. This includes streaming snapshot, historical and time & sales data. Historical data will likely be available via a user-specifed interval like QLink's implementation.

Regarding a symbol limit, yes there will be one. All connections to the eSignal network have a limit to the number of simultaneously streaming subscriptions in order to ensure reliable and consistent behavior. For more on the why's behind symbol limits, please check out this info on the QCharts 6.0 Beta page.

Thanks for the inquiry. We're certainly wanting to minimize any impact in the switch to the eSignal network, all the while dramatically upping the level of reliability of the data feed for our loyal QCharts subscribers.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Re: Re: QLink Info Needed Please...

I have only 5 symbols but they load on multiple software products (on quote.com) How does the limit on number of simultaneneous connections affect me ?

Thanks
      Todd

Regarding a symbol limit, yes there will be one. All connections to the eSignal network have a limit to the number of simultaneously streaming subscriptions in order to ensure reliable and consistent behavior. For more on the why's behind symbol limits, please check out this info on the QCharts 6.0 Beta page.
      Todd P Horton

Comment

Todd,

The symbol count counts the number of different symbols you are using, not the number of times you use them. In other words, with a QCharts Plus account you have unlimited use of 500 different symbols. If you are only tracking 5 symbols, the symbol limit should have no impact whatsoever.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Re: Re: QLink Info Needed Please...

This is about an 80% increase in fees over current QCharts users who use the 500 symbols! 80%! Almost $200/mo just for data and I don't even use/need your software.

Looks like it's time to finally go elsewhere!

Originally posted by JayF
          Our current plans is to create a new application that will serve both QCharts and eSignal subscribers that will simulate the functionality of QLink and the eSignal DDE solution. This includes streaming snapshot, historical and time & sales data. Historical data will likely be available via a user-specifed interval like QLink's implementation.

Thanks for the inquiry. We're certainly wanting to minimize any impact in the switch to the eSignal network, all the while dramatically upping the level of reliability of the data feed for our loyal QCharts subscribers.
          Last edited by indextrader; 02-14-2007, 12:27 AM.

Comment

indextrader,

Notice this part of my reply...

"Our current plans is to create a new application that will serve both QCharts and eSignal subscribers"

We aren't forcing QCharts clients to upgrade to eSignal in order to get the QLink replacement. You will continue to be able to use a QCharts subscription to feed data into Excel, and at the QCharts price level.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Gotcha,

Thanks.

Originally posted by JayF
              indextrader,
              We aren't forcing QCharts clients to upgrade to eSignal in order to get the QLink replacement. You will continue to be able to use a QCharts subscription to feed data into Excel, and at the QCharts price level.

Comment

Working...
              X