status bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• status bars

Can anyone tell me why my MB bar at the bottom of qcharts is always yellow? Market depth is always red. It doesn't matter what time of day it is. This is happening with the 6. version. I have had no success in trying to use this version. It is very, very slow when I try to change from one symbol to the next. (usually locks up and tells me qcharts is not responding) I just give up and go back to 5.1 What am i doing wrong?

The status bar turns yellow when QCharts 6.0 has exceeded 100 Mb of memory use. It's likely that if you're hitting that all the time that the workspace you're loading uses over that amount.

As far as the delays go, we'll need more information about your PC and workspace(s) to tell what's going on. One method that has worked well during the Pre-Beta and Alpha testing phases was uploading your workspace to an eSignal File Share group, and then linking that workspace on the forum reply. Alternatively, you can get the workspace directly to us by emailing direct via qcideas (at) mail.esignal.com.

Generally speaking, the symptoms you're reporting may be caused by a few different things:

A) There's a very large workspace being used and QCharts 6.0 is eating so much memory that Windows XP is having to tap into Virtual Memory.
    B) There's a large number of charts and studies being updated when switching symbols and QCharts 6.0 is stalling on downloading all the required data and converting/calculating it (The Beta does require more memory and CPU then 5.1 does, but we'll be looking at ways to reduce this before the official release.)
    C) Something in the workspace is causing a lock-up. Since the Beta release, we have recieved a few reports of crashes and lock-up seemingly tied to certain workspaces, and we're working on identifying the causes.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,
      I invite you to take a stroll down hypothetical lane with all of us.

Imagine you eat lunch at the same diner every day for a year. Every day for a year, you enjoy the same meal as you ordered the day before. Now, suddenly today, you become violently ill and have to be rushed to the hospital. The ER doctor asks what you've eaten/where/etc., and then suggests that the problem is probably that your shoes got dirty. "Oh no," he tells you, "couldn't possibly be the food - they have a new cook! No, no, it's probably that when you stepped in a mud puddle, your shoes got dirty so that's why you are violently ill."

Do you see the similarity to your answer to snowspud13?

What changed? The change is from 5.1 to 6.0 and 6.0 won't run.

Please stop blaming everybody's workspace and put your energy into fixing this "upgrade" so it will actually perform at least as well as the current package.

Comment

tarmac,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear you didn't like my reply to snowspud. If you re-read it, it's encouraging him/her to email us to further troubleshoot the issue. In fact, snowspud has been kind enough to do just that and has contacted me off-line. We've been working together to look at this more in-depth.

We seemingly have two camps of users. In one camp, QCharts 6.0 is bringing up charts quickly and completely; in the other camp, some users are seeing delayed and/or missing charts. This polarization of symptoms indicates that there's something in common in that second camp that is causing it. My reply to snowspud was exploratory and helpful in nature; by no means am I trying to negatively place blame on anyone or anything, but instead attemping to dig down deeper to identify the root cause of the issues seen.

Based on the frustration behind your post, I'm guessing that you are also experiencing these symptoms. If you would also like to post the details of the problems you are experiencing to help us find the common factor in this second group of users, we'd appreciate your help.
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

my charting applications for quote com work ok but my qlink for excel is lagging about 20 - 30 seconds. Most noticeable now that I am using excel 2007. How do I get in on the offer to help ?
          thanks,
          Todd P Horton

Comment

Hi Todd,

QLink connects to a Continuum server, and that server may be having problems. You may want to restart the QLink application to get to a new server, and see if that solves this problem.

This thread is more in reference to the QCharts 6.0 Beta, so doesn't have any bearing on the delays you're seeing on QLink.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

thanks Jay, that was quick.

I have restarted a many times over many days and tried mid day switch servers also. No luck. THanks anyway
              Todd P Horton

Comment

Thanks Todd for the follow-up. This is now leaning more towards a compatability issue with Excel 2007; I'll try confirming that once we get Office 2007 in-house. In the meantime, can you try installing this QLink Beta into a different directory, and see if that improves it?
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                X