This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Break" Key

Too frequently, I will enter a symbol, and it takes forever for the program to respond with the data. Sometimes it doesn't come back at all. The period of time it takes is anywhere from a couple few seconds, up to 40-60 seconds.

Sometimes it comes back with symbol name not found, eventhough it was a valid symbol.

I have "option 21" set.

While the program is doing whatever it is doing, no quote updates are being made in my quotesheets, so not only don't I get the symbol information I requested, I can't see what's going on with my other stocks.

Can a "break" key be incorporated to wrestle control back from QCharts when it goes into these periods where it is apparently waiting for a response from the servers?

We aren't planning on releasing any further versions of the 5.1 series, so I don't see the "Break" key you are proposing coming to fruition.

I think it may be more important to try to figure out what is causing that symptom to occur in the first place. Could you provide the following details?

- QCharts Version
    - PC Specs i.e. CPU, RAM, OS, Vid. Card, I-Net Connection Details (Type, Vendor & Location)
    - Sample symbols & workspace

If you'd prefer we can take this troubleshooting off-line... just use the "Send PM" button below this post.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Working...
    X