disconect from continuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disconect from continuum

It keep disconnect me from server to server on this machine and I have valid password since esignal manager has no trouble recorgnize my password and I also verify my account online many time to make sure it is in good standing.
    Attached Files

Hello,

The wallpaper in your screenshot is QCharts V5.1, yet you mention eSignal DM.
    Only QCharts V6.0 Beta (5.4.0.51 is the latest) uses the eSignal DM.

Do you have a QCharts subscription, a separate and distinct $ subscription from an eSignal subscription?
    Have you run QCharts V5.1 sucessfully before?

The (997) disconnect code usually indicates some kind of ID/PW error or expired Credit Card date or some other account issue that billing would have to sort out.

LAM

Comment

yes to all the above, I run qchart successfully during the day using diff PC, I was success for a while on this PC but now it didn't , I tried 5.1 I tried beta 6.0 they pretty much giving the same message, mainly disconnect, disconnect. I am veterant user with both of qchart and esignal, and my credit card won't expire for the next 4 years. I install verizon FIOS network recently, is that the problelm?

Comment

same sad story with q6
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm assuming here that you have distinct and different QChart's ID/PW and eSignal ID/PW.
          You mentioned that when you go to the website Accounts login page....
          https://secure.esignal.com/maintenance.aspx?bhcp=1
          and type in QChart's User ID and PW, that your QCharts account appears and it shows your QCharts account OK.
          Clicking on the Product Summary page shows a QCharts account and the Expire Date on the Credit Card is correct, and the other info looks OK.

It's odd that you keep landing on that same server....continuum6 (which is actually Miami 3, btw).
          I can connect with that particular machine OK...as I type now and last night.

Have you tried the old trick of going into your 5.1 QCharts folder(with QCharts not running) and deleting the file "ContinuumClient.INI"?
          (make sure your folder view is set to Details and you're configured to display Filename and Filetype, and Known Filetypes so that you can properly see ContinuumClient.INI.)

After deleting the CC.INI, you will have to type in Username and Password at QCharts Login.
          The same ID/PW used to get into the QCharts Account page at accounts management website.
          After pressing Connect, does the "Sync Box" process OK and then disappear.
          If still stuck at server continuum6, what do you see if you do a Ctrl-Alt-N?
          You should see a list of 6 servers
          Can you click another server in the Router list and QCharts will attempt connection to that other server?

else, I got nothing other than QCharts application is still thinking something isn't OK with account.

LAM

Comment

my account is up to date
            Attached Files

Comment

I wiped out CC.INI, re-enter user/pw still got disconnect for each server it tried, not just #6
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the screenshots. Everything sure seems OK, as it should be.

Well, gave it my best shot. As I type I'm connecting ok, so it's not a systemic or global to all users issue.

Those disconnect codes, like the 997, are not officially documented as to their definition, as to exactly why QCharts is giving them. I'm just going on memory of past posts from folks, what the issue was for them.

I just found this off-list conversation with another user from a couple of years ago in my email archive...fyi.

"When I click "connect" that lower left message changes to disconnected from 09.yadda (997). The logon screen reappears."

Then after a couple of back and forth emails, he said the issue was now fixed...

"Bank sent new card which needed to be activated and after a loooooooong time on hold got back to charts. So 997 is $ related! it seems."

That doesn't mean that the 997 is necessarily totally about account issues. But, for now, I got nothing else to try. Sorry.

Hey Jay or Mike, can you enlighten us on just what disconnect code 997 means, under what conditions(s) QCharts decides to do that?

LAM

Comment

I send qchart support 3 email, no reply that is what I expect as far as qchart go. I install a new copy on my wireless laptop, it opens in a flash. So the problem is with this PC I don't know what it is , I uninstall all virus software, this PC is defendless and it still can not link to chart, I think it is looking for some crucial system files to make the hook up but it can't find it so it just hung and re-try again and again.

Comment

One option is to just start over.
                    Here's a link to instructions on how to totally and completely remove QCharts from your system. Included is a note about saving existing workspaces.

http://www.qcsoftwarehelp.com/Doing%...0reinstall.htm

In the removal instructions there's a link to Install instructions.

LAM

Comment

997 is a port connection (I/O) problem. You mentioned you installed a verizon network recently. Has QCharts worked on the PC in question since the installation of that network? If no, then it may be related.

Based on the error message alone it sounds like port 23100 isn't open i.e. a firewall or some other software or hardware device is blocking that port.

Hardware
                      How is this PC connecting to the internet? Is if going directly through to a modem or is there some network device in the way? If the latter, can you try plugging direct to the modem and see if that solves it?

Software
                      Was there any software installed recently? If no, perhaps there was some unintentional software installed (i.e. spyware.) You may want to try Ad-Aware or some other spyware detection software to try to detect such an undesired install.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

thank, I concur after I realized that window auto update kept getting turn off by itself and anti virus avast was unable to complete its task. I did a system restore and look like it's working.

Comment

nkhoi,

Glad it's working for you.

I realize that when a problem is solved, it's not a priority to continue with the subject. But for the record, and future reference, there's some things that aren't clear, at least for me, regarding the source of the disconnects.

When you have time, would you kindly take a moment to respond to...
                          1. Did you get clear on exactly what was causing the problem?
                          2. The restore you mention, was that a full system restore from initial install CD, or an XP select-a-date restore, or..?
                          3. Did QCharts ever work for you after the Verizon network install?

Jay, what follows here is for your and anyone else that's interested consideration. Please excuse my possibly boring missive here, but just trying to get clear for future reference.

I don't agree that a 997 is only about...
                          "997 is a port connection (I/O) problem".
                          I posted earlier that a user reported that his 997 issue was an account issue. Here's another report from a different user...
                          ----------------------------
                          http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou.../message/28116

Re: What is Disconnected Message ( 997 )
                          Hi Larry,
                          found the problem by accident. Trivial billing issue, i.e. expiry
                          date on credit card...most annoying when account is terminated
                          without warning. Thanks for your help,
                          Daniel

Regarding...
                          "Based on the error message alone it sounds like port 23100 isn't open i.e. a firewall or some other software or hardware device is blocking that port."
                          I didn't mention firewall in my posts since nkhoi had made it to QCharts Logon. If there, then communication with 23100 has been successfully established.
                          From QCharts Help regarding connectivity....
                          QCharts currently provides no built-in firewall penetrating capabilities, however it can be configured to work. Some firewalls allow QCharts to work. The best test is to download, install and try to run QCharts. If QFeed presents you with the Logon dialog asking for your User Name and Password you are OK. If the dialog does not appear you have either 1) a bad Internet connection or 2) you are behind a solid firewall.
                          -----------------------------
                          To support the veracity of the above Help blurb, the attached screenshot shows 23100 connection made in the process of presenting Logon.

Again, please excuse my running on, but just trying to get clear for future reference.

LAM
                          Attached Files

Comment

it was working before I switched to Verizon optic fiber so I tend to blame verizon but I also remember after I installed verizon I down loaded and installed number of large files to test the optic fiber speed and one of them might be a virus carrier. When I try to run Beta 6 the data manager flashed the message saying that it can not communicate with server before it switch back to continuum

1. Did you get clear on exactly what was causing the problem?

my best guess is a virus may use the same port and block me out.

2. The restore you mention, was that a full system restore from initial install CD, or an XP select-a-date restore, or..?

the system is back up daily using microsoft back up feature then I restore back to Feb date.

3. Did QCharts ever work for you after the Verizon network install?

yes I think so until I install some executable files as I mention above.

Comment

since qchart don't even reply when I send email so I post my overall experience here;

1)when I researched into qchart problem I went to esignal search screen and typed in qchart, this is the message:

Search results for: "qchart" in all categories
                              No results found.
                              Search by eSignal.com

not exactly a vote of confident in qchart future!

2) I click help from qchart software then select contact us then carefully filled out the pop up form with nature of probl, email, and phone number and name on 3 diff occasions, there was no email reply whatsoever.

3) I called the support number suggested from qchart screen and was told that support open during week day and during 8-6 NY time only. So I waited until 8am, got support on phone then I was told there is diff number for qchart, great! So I went to work then I hurry running back home before 6pm to get somebody to diagnosis my problem, then I called qchart number and was told it is only open until 5pm.

all and all I hope I don't have to call anybody about anything related to qchart. I already know how it will turn out.

Comment

Working...
                              X